Labia soreness

iVillage Member
Labia soreness
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:52pm
Yet another one of those omnipresent way-too-embarassing questions. For a few weeks now, my outer labia (majora?) has been kind of sore. It's just kind of dull, aching, not quite constant, general pain. Sorry, I think that's about the best way that I can describe it. I can't really feel any lumps or anything, haven't had any infection symptoms, and am still a virgin. I'm not really comfortable talking about this kind of stuff with my parents/doctor, so any ideas that you guys have would be great. Thank you so much. Cheers!
iVillage Member
In reply to: waitn4snow
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 1:06am
Well, it could be a result of numerous things, or nothing at all. For this reason I would suggest that you see your doc. Not sure how old you are, but your GP should be sufficient. If s/he thinks you need to see a gyn then you can be referred to one.

It's possible that you may just have a sensitivity to something. Could also be as simple as wearing tight jeans. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

Happy Thursday!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:34pm
I was thinking the exact same thing about the tight jeans.. that can really affect you more than you might think...so make sure they aren't too binding.

Gin :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 3:06pm
Thank you for the responses. I'm 17, but I don't wear the skimpy little way-too-tight jeans. I like them with a little room in the thigh, and a good two inches or so from my skin to the crotch of my jeans, so I don't think that the tightness is a factor. I've been trying to find answers on the internet, and have so far come up with nothing (at least nothing where a lump or lesion isn't involved). I don't think that it's bad enough to get me into the doctor's office, and I'm definitely sure that I don't want to risk an exam just for this. Thanks for your help, I'll keep my eyes open for info.