abnormal pap smear and chronic fatigue

iVillage Member
abnormal pap smear and chronic fatigue
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 9:13pm
In October 2001, I had a pap smear and 10 days later was diagnosis with Mono. The pap was abnormal with squamous cell of unknown origin. The extreme fatigue lingered thru until May 2002. I had repeat pap smears, a colposcopy ( biopsy) and a freezing therapy of the cervix. The fatigue disappeared from late May 2001 until the first week of October 2002 when I was hit hard again with extreme fatigue. The doctor's are at a loss as to the cause and labeled it Chronic Mono or Chronic Fatigue. Strangely, my abnormal pap smears and colposcopy all happened when I felt fatigued. The one pap smear I had when I felt good in the summer of 2002 was normal! The next pap smear I had in October 2002 when the fatigue returned was abnormal. The fatigued continued into Janaury 2003 and the December pap smear was abnormal. Since Mid January I have been making more progress with the fatigued and guess what the last pap I had in late March was normal. MY OBGYN and 2 medical doctors both say any conection between the fatigue and pap smear is imposssbile. Has anyone else had this expereince?

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 12:43am
I've never had this experience, and never heard of a correlation either. Hmmm, wish I had more advice for you, sorry.

Maybe there is something to it, but I wouldn't think so. Maybe you should consider getting a second opinion with another gyn?

Sorry I couldn't help! Good luck!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah