Irritated vulva infected my boyfriend???

iVillage Member
Irritated vulva infected my boyfriend???
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 10:25pm
I am 19 almost 20 and have been with my boyfriend for five months. He is my first and only sexual partner. Since about the time we started having sex, I had terrible itching and redness and sometimes pain all over my vulva spreading to my anal area as well as inside the vagina. I saw an OBGYN who found no yeast in me, and prescribed some creams for me to use. She also advised me to stop using spermicidal condoms. I did all she told me and everything went away, so we figured I do not respond well to spermicide, and I have never used a spermicidal condom since. Some itching came back a little while later, so I resumed use of the cream and it went away. I then began to really enjoy sex with my boyfriend.

I have been on the pill for almost a month. A couple weeks ago the itching came back. My boyfriend and I have tried intercourse a couple times without a condom. Sometimes it hurts for him to go inside of me. Sometimes it's okay and it only starts itching or stinging after he pulls out. But recently he started complaining about irritation and stinging on his penis. One time we couldn't have sex because both of us were too irritated. Now the foreskin on his uncircumsized penis is sensitive and dry (there are white-ish patches, like dry skin) and I am still itchy around my vulva, especially in the area on the skin between my vagina and anus, where it is also red.

Did I give my boyfriend an infection? Is it possible to be irritated by his semen? It can't be an STD because I have never had sex before him, and this has been going on since we started having sex and he didn't have any problems until now. I'm just really confused. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 12:38am
I'd suggest that you go back to your gyn, or even get a second opinion. It's possible that you have an allergy to something, and yes, many women are actually sensitive to the actual act of intercourse for whatever reason/s.

Did your doc check you for STD's? You said it's not possible for you to have one because he was your first, but if you've had sex with him, then it is possible. It's possible that he could've been infected with something?? Another thing to consider is that an uncircumsized penis can be a breeding ground for bacteria if regular and proper hygiene is not practiced.

But from what you're describing your symptoms sound more like some sort of an allergy. Do you have a discharge at all? I'd really suggest that you go back to your gyn and ask for tests, including STD testing, ALL of them. Especially if your boyfriend has had previous partners!

Good luck!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah