Vagina-Friendly Workout Wear

iVillage Member
Vagina-Friendly Workout Wear
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 1:15pm
Does anyone have any suggestions for vagina-friendly workout wear (a brand/style that doesn't trap moisture against your body)?

I wear cotton panties and semi-loose fitting cotton/spandex blend dance-style bottoms, which I change out of as soon as I get home from the gym...yet I still seem to be having issues.

Suggestions?

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 9:02pm
I am always hot down there and it's probably why I can't get over bacterial vaginosis. Do you shower after a work-out? One suggestion is to use a blowdryer on a cool setting (not warm - not all blowdryers have a cool air choice) on that area afterwards. I also don't wear undies to bed just to let it "breathe" because of my problems. This is all that I can suggest for you. We certainly have a tough issue with our women parts.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 12:27am
I try to change out of my damp clothes as soon as possible after I finish my workout. The shower is the first place I head when I get home. Surely the 20 minute car ride can't be the problem.

I go without panties to bed (unless I have my period), and in the summer I wear skirts to increase the air flow as much as possible. Too bad skirts aren't acceptable to wear when you're straddling a weight bench.