Help help help itch itchy worry worry.

iVillage Member
Help help help itch itchy worry worry.
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 1:56pm
I've posted about this before, but I can't seem to find it in the new format. I wasn't able to check for answers on time, so I guess it's just floating around out there somewhere.

I have a rash that is exteral to the vulva and goes from there to...well. The other area of the body no one likes to talk about. I went to the doctor a month or so ago, and was given monistat and diflucan. The Monistat offered temporary relief but the rash has come back. I can see the rash and it is merely red, no bumps or sores or anything. I've had this rash for almost two years and it's starting to drive me mad.

For the record, I wear only cotton things, use no fabric softener and have used Dreft in the past (although for monetary reasons we're using something else at the moment but there's been no change with the detergent change...)

What in the world could be wrong? The doctor saw the rash, and I haven't had much help with them since then when I call for possible other solutions. And now I can't only not afford to go in, I am nanny-ing for my sister in law until/after she has her baby.

HELP!

Also, my last pap revealed I had HPV and abnormal cells. I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but what is a colposcopy (spelling?) like? Does it hurt?

Thanks for any info.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 3:27pm
I had a colposcopy in January and was very worried that it was going to hurt. It didnt. I would go ASAP.