Pain in ovary?

iVillage Member
Pain in ovary?
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 5:22pm
I am 27 years old and have always had very irregular periods, usually starting at least a week late, but it varies. I've never thought much of it because my periods have been that way for 15 years. The past two days I've noticed a dull ache in my lower left side, where I would think my ovaries would be. It's not a sharp pain or anything, just a dull feeling. Now that I think back, I've felt this before for only a couple days and then it goes away. My question is, can a sensation like that be caused by ovulation? Has anyone else been through something similar? I know I should ask my Dr, but I just wanted to get some other input.
iVillage Member
In reply to: kelshaw03
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 5:36pm
I would talk to your dr about it just in case it is something more serious but my guess would be that it is ovulation pain. If you have it around ovulation then that is probably the culprit. Some women don't feel it all and some do. I personally feel it. Mine however is more severe. I have sharp pains around ovulation that I will feel for several hours and dull aches for around 2 days. They seem to hurt more if I walk around a lot. What do you mean you are irregular with your periods? The way you say it is seems like you just have a longer cycle than 28 days. Are your cycles the same each month or do they differ from month to month? I hope this helps some.

Missy

iVillage Member
In reply to: kelshaw03
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 4:28pm
Many women have pain with ovulation, so this could possibly be the reason. It's so hard to know for sure since MANY things can cause lower abdominal pain, including bowel problems, especially on the lower left side. If it continues I'd definitely suggest that you see your gyn.

Good luck!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah