question about the endometrium

iVillage Member
question about the endometrium
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 7:16pm
I have a question for a friend of mine. She had an abnormal pap smear and her GYN told her that she had endometrium. I know that is the lining of the uterus. It had been 3 weeks since the start of her period, so he was concerned. She is having a biopsy this month to rule out anything. Does anyone know anything about this?? He told her that in thin, young women(which she is) it was usually nothing to worry about. If she was overweight, then he would be concerned. So, why the biopsy? I don't know. I'm just not familiar with this and neither is she. I told her I would post it and see if anyone else had experienced this. Thanks in advance!! Chaundra

Edited 4/10/2003 8:54:24 PM ET by chaundra2001
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 2:18pm
Hi Chaundra, sorry, honey, but I'm not understanding what you mean by she has endometrium?? I don't see how her doc could tell what condition her endometrium is in by simply doing a pap.

If you could give me some more info, then maybe I can help. What were the exact pap results?

Happy Friday!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 6:32pm
Sorry, this is all new to me. What he told her was that endometrium cells were found when he did the pap smear. And it had been 3 weeks since her period. So, he said you shouldn't find those cells present when it's been so long since her period. Does that help any? I hope so. Thank you for your interest. Chaundra