cyst like lump on labia minora

iVillage Member
cyst like lump on labia minora
Fri, 05-22-2009 - 12:36pm

Hi I am a 28 year old female with 1 active sexual partner and no other problems as such in the past..
Day before y'day I noticed a slight pain while wiping the labia..But ignored it..
Y'day night I felt this noticeable bump on the right labia minora ..And today morning with the help of a mirror I noticed its a redish, almost-pea-sized lump in the right fold of labia minora.
I say fold 'cos I can't see it unless I pull up the small right lip.

Searched up on WebMD.com and according to the symptoms its most probably Bartholin's Gland Cyst..But still I am not sure. Have the same symptoms right now..It hurts a little while wiping down and if I sit in a certain position. But nothing beyond that.

Has anyone experienced something like this before??

I searched for the topic in earlier threads, but found a lot about shaving bumps for a similar problem. Mine is certainly not a shaving bump. 'Cos I did trim the pubic hair 3 days ago but didn't go that deep - I am sure about that.

Any advice/information is appreciated.
Thanks!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-22-2009 - 3:28pm

It's very possible it is a plugged hair follicle, I have had that and it looks and feels just like that. That can happen whether you shave or not.

Still, anytime you have a sudden change like that, pain, tenderness and anxiety it's really good to get it looked at ASAP. It might help to tell the receptionist you have an urgent health question for the nurse, and you can get a quick appt.

I hope you fell better soon and please let us know.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-25-2009 - 1:25pm

I've had

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 4:06pm

Thanks for replying girls :-)

I am glad that thing popped on its own..And it was definitely not a hair follicle or a shave bump..It was definitely Bartholin's Gland cyst 'cos it popped, hurt, looked, exactly like given on WebMD.com

It was just too bad when I p**d after it popped..burnt like hell! But later in the day it just soothed down on its own..By the end didn't even feel I had something.

If at all any trouble further will see a doc!
But thanks for the support!! :-)