Spotting,,,,very confused

iVillage Member
Spotting,,,,very confused
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 12:56am

Okay, so I posted not too long ago about my lovely cycle issues. Well, just to recap, last period was Jan. 18. It was my first in quite a while actually, 6 months to be exact. It lasted 6 days and seemed quite normal. About a month ago approx., I wiped and discovered just a bit of brown. I thought it was another period getting ready to start, but it wasnt. The brown was gone in one wipe and so I left it at that. Then, just a few days ago, on March 26th, I woke and went to the restroom and wiped. I noticed a very bright spot of blood and some slight light brown. I assumed yet again, my period was on its way. This time, I felt a very very faint crampy feeling. Nothing crazy, barely noticeable. After the 2nd wipe, blood and brown were gone. My husband and I did bed the night before(thursday) and sunday evening. I was wondering if anyone can give me insight as to why i only spotted and no periods.

** Just so all reading know, my cycles are seriously unpredictable**

Thanks

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 3:04pm

I'm an airhead... I just refreshed my memory by reading your first post from before, sorry I had a lapse in brain cells working on my end.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 9:20pm

I would assume it's because you're not ovulating. The bloody lining inside the uterus keeps building up and without an ovulation to trigger a full bleed (a real period) the lining is occasionally just spilling over a bit (anovulatory bleeding).

You're right though, intercourse can also cause a tiny bit of bleeding, it may also be from that.

Jeska