Ovulation Gas

iVillage Member
Ovulation Gas
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 12:48pm

I get an extreme case of gas about 2 hours after eating. I have finally realized this happens 2 weeks after the start of menses.

I've tried to look up information online & read ovulation pain can be confused with gas - but I KNOW this is gas. I bloat extremely fast, I look about 6 mos pregnant and then feel some relief after a bowel movement. It takes about a day for the pain to be completely gone. I have also experienced ovulation pain off & on since the start of menses & know the difference between the two.

I've been dealing with this type of indigestion for years, but it seems to get a little worse every month. I have so many strange cyclic things happen to me my OB office actually laughs and states I'm a strange case, but really provides me with no information. For example, I was taking Zoloft & birth control pills to try to help with the cyclic anxiety, but my face, tongue & throat would swell at AF & O, which got worse every month until I stopped both medicines & it slowly became better each month until it was gone.

Today I thought, maybe I become lactose intolerant on this day of the cycle only. Is that possible? Is there anything else which could make a person bloat so quickly & badly?

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-05-2010 - 12:03am

Hi there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-05-2010 - 2:39pm

In my 20s we thought it might be endometriosis, but after having 3 pg at will (2 births) it seemed it may not be a problem. Honestly, I was hoping for a little pre-pg wrestling - but nope I thought & got.

The fibroids sounds probable though. After my miscarriage a dermoid cyst was found in my ovary. So when I had a c-section with my DD my OB decided to look to see if my cyst was large enough to find & cut out. She could not find it, but did mention she removed several other cysts.

... but I really don't have a lot of the symptoms.

My periods are EXTREMELY light. I rarely use anything beyond a liner. No constipation. No bleeding between periods. Bleed only 3-5 days.

I don't remember gas being part of PMDD, but perhaps it is? I guess I'll go back to my research of it.

Thanks.