Other causes of "morning sickness"???

iVillage Member
Other causes of "morning sickness"???
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 3:23pm

Hi all! For the past 2 weeks I have had what feels like morning sickness (I have 2 kids, so I know the feeling). Aside from it lasting so long, it feels different from the stomach flu and I have no other flu-like symptoms. It's a wavy, dizzy nauseated feeling, and it is very predictable. I know exactly the times of day when it's going to come on.

I had an "oops" with my boyfriend on day 6 of my cycle and started feeling nauseas 3 days later (same as it was with my 2nd child). But I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. Granted, my period isn't due for another 2 weeks, but if I were pregnant enough to be sick, wouldn't I be pregnant enough for it to show on a test?

Are there other gynecological explanations for naseau? I have had issues with my hormones for as long as I can remember, and I suspect that I have endometriosis, so could a hormone imbalance be responsible for feeling like this? I have an appointment with my ob/gyn on Thursday, so I'm probably going to get a blood test, but I'm just looking for some feedback on what others have experienced. Maybe I'm pregnant and just in denial. lol Has anyone else experienced morning sickness so soon and still had a negative pg test?

Thanks in advance :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-06-2010 - 4:50pm

I never experienced morning sickness during any of my pregnancies, so I'm not going to be able to answer that question for you.