strange A/F any ideas??

iVillage Member
strange A/F any ideas??
Mon, 04-05-2010 - 5:22pm

Hey this is my first time posting so please bear with me :)
Anyhoo I am currently having 28ish day cycles sometimes a day or two difference either side. I have always had 6-7 day long periods and since the birth of my daughter 3 yrs ago days 2-3 are always very heavy then 4-5 are medium and lightening on day 6 to spotting on day 7. The cycle before this cd1 was 1st march a/f finished cd7.
But this month my a/f arrived early monday (29mar) morning abt 1am or 12 am before the clocks changed sat night. so had 27/28 day cycle. So mon cd1 was light brownish red (sorry tmi!!) and severe cramps i was crippled with pain to point my mum came over and took me to a&e. All they did was give me strong pain med no tests of any kind. Then tues cd2 was still light and redish brown still cramps but not as bad, weds cd3 was lighter but brown flow still few cramps then thurs cd4 was even lighter brown and had finished by late afternoon to early eve. Fri cd5 nothing just started to get normal CM but quite alot. The odd thing is i still feel soooo pre menstrual!!! Sore boobs moody bloated cramps tired irritable and spots! Im now cd 8 stil have normal CM no bleeding or spotting.

Does anyone have any clue what may be goin on??
thanx xx

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 8:41pm

Is it possible you were pregnant? You might want to take a test now to be sure.

If this continues next cycle I would have a full work up with your gynecologist. They should do an exam, a ultrasound and blood tests to check your hormone levels.

Jeska

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 10:20am
Have you ever had ovarian cysts. I have them right now and I am bloated with cramping and very sore breasts. From the reading I have done they can also cause irregular bleeding which so far I have not had.