Abnormal Bleeding

iVillage Member
Abnormal Bleeding
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 1:26am

Hello all,

Anyways, I've been experiencing abnormal bleeding for a little over 2 weeks now. About a month ago I had my period, It was a little lighter than normal, and I didn't think anything of it. A couple days after it ended I noticed what I thought to be dark discharge. It has slowly progressed to light bleeding.

About a week ago I visited my doctor. She gave me a pelvic exam and said it was probably hormones (I take birth control regularly). I also took a pregnancy test, which was negative. Since then the bleeding continues and has started clotting a little, not a lot. I've also noticed a little bit of mild cramping every once in a while. The one time my DH and I tried to have sex, I experienced a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen when I had my feet up. Since then I've been hesitant to try that again.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Any recommendations on what I should do? Should I wait to see my doctor until after my period, or sooner? Should I ask her to test for something? Any info or experience would be great. Thanks!

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 10:13am
Your gyn should order an ultrasound to determine if there are any fibroids or polyps present -- they can cause problematic periods, abnormal bleeding, and cramping.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 8:56am