Should I worry?

iVillage Member
Should I worry?
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 10:02am

I take Yaz and have been for 7 years. Very good about taking it at the same time, rarely miss a pill. I'm 27. I started my new pack of pills yesterday. The placebo pills started last Wed. through Saturday. I had painful cramps Saturday and yesterday. Today I still have cramps but they are lighter. My face broke out, I was moody..all the signs there of my period, but no blood. Does this mean I missed my period? I did have sex about 3 1/2 weeks ago with no condom. I have experienced one month where I completely missed my period, but there was no way I could have been pregnant so I didn't worry. My sister is an R.N./midwife and told me sometimes that just happens..but why?

Should I worry about being pregnant?

Sarah

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 11:22am

Hi Sarah!

If you've been taking your pill correctly, the chances are pretty slim that you could be pregnant.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 11:32am

I'm not sure I actually had my period...I know that sounds odd. I had and am still having cramps today, but there was no blood. I put a tampon in just thinking well maybe it's so light and has not made its way down..which I have had happen before..but there was nothing on the tampon except a slight brown mucus substance. Is this still considered your period?

Thank you for your response; I just needed some reassurance! I do feel better now.

Also, I do take my pill every day..but not always at the exact same time. I just take it as soon as I wake up..so it's give or take an hour or two. Does this up my chances of becoming pregnant by mistake?

Sarah

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 12:13pm

If you were taking a mini-pill (or progesterone only) then not taking the pill at the same time every day could probably up your chances, since that particular type of pill is very sensitive.

Usually brownish discharge is considered to be old blood.

I'm glad you feel a little better.