very messed up period

iVillage Member
very messed up period
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 4:35am
Before I even start this I know people are going to be telling me I need to see a doctor. I know this. I don't have insurance or the money to go see one. Anyway so here is my problem...
I have been having very irregular periods for a couple of years now. I was on birth control before and everything was normal. And even when I went off of the birth control my periods stayed pretty regular for a while. But then it started to get messed up. I started having periods every 3-4 months instead of once a month. Several times I thought I was pregnant, but tests always came out negative of course. Well, its seems like now that my period just keep spacing out even more. This last time it was 5 months in between cycles. And the other weird thing is that when I start its kinda like it would normally be at the end of your period, instead of being red, its dark brown..almost black. But after a couple days of that it will be red likes its suppose to be. And most times it will last 8-10 days and at least 2 or 3 of those day will be very heavy flow and I feel like I am dying I will have the worst cramps and feel so bloated and fatigued. Sorry if this is getting too detailed. I just don't understand whats going on. I am only 25 years old. Also, my husband and I have used absolutely no protection for 2 years and I have not gotten pregnant, which almost makes em wonder if I am not able to conceive. I really don't understand. And I really wish I could see a doctor, but I honestly can't afford to...
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 1:05pm

Hi there,

It definitely sounds like something you'd want to have a doctor check out.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 6:12am
sounds like it could be PCOS, which causes infertility. Check out the PCOS board at I Village.
PhotobucketPhotobucketchiblinkyPhotobucketchica 2Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 10:21pm

Sounds like you're experimenting w/BC or you're all ready beyond that stage.