Hello All just some concerns

iVillage Member
Hello All just some concerns
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 12:45am

Hi All! I am new to this board and just looking for some advice. I am hoping to get pregnant, but I have always been irregular in my periods. i have had 2 colposcopies and the last came back with mild dysplacia, but things now seem to be ok.

well now I have a hernia and hoping to have a surgery for it.

And NOW (LOL) the topper... Friday is my 38th bday and I am going to have some tests run to find out if maybe I am starting menopause!!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 1:57pm

Welcome, and happy (early) birthday!

I can understand why you have some of these concerns, have you spoken about them with your doctor?

You might want to check out our Menopause & Perimenopause message board, the members there can share with you some of their symptoms of perimenopause and maybe alleviate some of your concerns or answer your questions.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 7:55pm

If you have irregular periods it's a good idea to get your hormones checked to see what's going on. Sounds like they will probably be checking that at your appointment. Be sure to get copies of your lab results so you can view them at home. You might ask your doctor about prescribing clomid or femara to help you ovulate on a regular cycle since you already know you're irregular.

If you're irregular it also helps to know exactly when you ovulate. You can read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and start charting for free online at fertility friend dot com.

You might also think about getting your partner a semen analysis. They are cheap and quick and may save you from months of frustrating trying to conceive without results.

Jeska

Photobucket
Lilypie Maternity tickers