Have you had your tubes tied? (see a...

iVillage Member
Have you had your tubes tied? (see a...
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 2:49pm

Have you had your tubes tied? (see article below)

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm considering having it done
  • Other, please share

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 2:52pm

I was just reading this article, More women have tubes tied in US, citing that 1 in 4 American women have had their tubes tied.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 12:11pm

I think of a number of reasons why there are more women on this side of the world with their tubes tied.

My Signature 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 4:38pm
Young uneducated moms are more likely to be on state medical care which provides the surgery for free and encourages people to use this service.

Jeska

Photobucket
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-17-2010 - 8:02am

I have not had my tubes ties but I am considering it at this time. I had my IUD removed in April, my 10 years with is was up. At that time I was put on the pill which made me deathly sick for 6 days....no more hormonal BC for me!!!! I just heard about endometrial ablation yesterday and I really think it is something I could benefit from.....I have terrible periods and pms. I see you had the procedure done, are you glad you did. Do you still get your period or has it stopped?

I am the mother of 4 kids and I am a grandma. I asked to have my tubes tied after the birth of my third and fourth children but was refused both times. The dr's said I was too young and at that time I was not married. They told me they would not perform the procedure and I chose to use the paraguard IUD. May the dr's do things differently in different states but here in NY they do not like to perform tubals.

I am very happily married