Endometreosis? Fibroids?

iVillage Member
Endometreosis? Fibroids?
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 11:53am

I've been having problems for awhile with really HEAVY menstrual bleeding/clots. I go through a super tampon + an overnight pad every 30 minutes or less. The cramps are super intense, pain killers don't do anything and the past 3 months i have vomitted on the first day of my period and intense lower back pain.  I could go on about the symptoms.

I went to the dr and had a pap done and that came back normal. After the doctor felt around on my abdomin he ordered a US which will happen on Tuesday. He said he wants to check for fibroids or cysts. He said I could either have fibroids or Endometreosis and with my job (I sit at a desk) i'm more at a risk for either one. I also have family history of Endo and fibroids.

I've been having pain on my lower right side around my ovary and I think I can feel something that's not supposed to be there. Sometimes it hurts so bad that it hurts to walk.

Does anyone have advice for me ? Anyone that has experience with either Endo or fibroids? Oh and I'm 26 and have never had kids.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 1:33pm

I'm glad that your doctor has ordered the u/s, it's a start in finding out what is going on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 11:36pm

Oh my gosh that sounds awful boo.