Inflammatory changes? so confused..

iVillage Member
Inflammatory changes? so confused..
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 12:11pm
Hi everyone! So here's what's going on, after weeks of never getting my results and no call on if anything was wrong I finally requested an extra copy of my pap I had done awhile ago. I get home and look at the results and two things listed are 'Inflammatory changes' and 'Bacteria present'. I called the office and the desk lady just kind of blew it off like nothing so I'm trying to get in there and discuss my results with the actual gyno. I've googled inflammatory changes and have found everything from it can happen to no reason or something serious could be going on! Can anyone give me some info on this or how worried I should be until I can get back into the gyno's office? With all the conflicting info on what this result means that I read I'm not sure what to think but it does have me alittle worried.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 2:59pm

Well, we're not medical professionals here, but my opinion is that "inflmmatory changes" could be something as benign as being a little inflamed from sexual activity, or even tampon use.