Clotting...where does it fit in?

iVillage Member
Clotting...where does it fit in?
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 9:33am

Hey Ladies.

I won't run through the long list of symptoms, but I do have a specific question. For quite a while (many years) I have been passing clots (brown) between periods and having issues with brown discharge. I think I have looked almost everywhere for information, and I cannot quiet figure out if this falls into the category of abnormal bleeding or abnormal discharge? It has been getting worse over time (recently almost everyday for about 2 weeks) and has progressed to include more disturbing symptoms. I have a doctors appointment next week, but I am concerned I will have to reschedule because (as Murphy's Law dictates) I will probably have a period. By the way, I am 27 with no children. Thanks!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 9:45am
I'm glad you have a doctor's appointment, this definitely sounds like something you need to discuss with your doctor as I'd definitely classify it as an abnormal discharge.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 1:28am
Thank you. I'm up now anxiously awaiting my doctor's appointment in less than 8 hrs, and praying that mother nature doesn't appear. At least (maybe) I can get a pain pill out of it, because the pain has been unrelenting for the last two weeks. Apparently, the ER thinks that if I'm not pregnant or have an STD...then there can't be a problem...I just have an "acute stress response". Like that made any sense. I'll update later.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 9:45am
Good luck!