Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

iVillage Member
Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
Sat, 06-26-2010 - 3:50pm

Is anybody familiar with this condition? I have been suffering from bloating, constipation and lower right quadrant pain for months. I have seen a gynecologist and a gastroenterologist, and have had a pelvic ultrasound and a colonoscopy, all of which is fine. The pain is dull and aching, worse after I stand all day, and particular bad after intercourse, especially if I climax. This seems to fit the pelvic congestion syndrome symptoms. I'm at a real loss here, and frustrated that all the tests check out, but I'm in real pain a lot of the time!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 12:18am

Yes, I was diagnosed wth this in 2010. I'm still trying to find solutions other than surgery or embolism of veins. I've been looking into trying natural remedies for varicose veins in general. It IS a very painful condition. It limits so many of my activities. The only way I can ease the pain by the end of the day is with frozen water bottles with socks on them applied to the creases in my legs and regular ice packs on my back. Most doctors look at you strange when you tell them this name. I finally had an MRI where a sharp radiologist knew what it was and called it PCS. A second radiologist called it Pelvic Venous Congestion Syndrome. I am trying to lose weight to see if that helps since want to do that anyway. The pain makes me want to eat. Don't give up.

Community Leader
Fri, 02-04-2011 - 10:12pm

Hello!

I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble.

Photobucket