Strange cycle..

iVillage Member
Strange cycle..
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 7:24pm

Hi everyone. I was hoping I could get some insight as to what may be possibly going on with me. I do have a gyno appointment in about a week but I would like to hear what you all have to say! Let's see if I can summarize this as simply as possible! I'll start with I'm in a committed relationship not actively TTC but we are keeping the attitude of if it happens then it will be great, so we are not using protection.
Symptoms:
-Sore breasts and dull achy cramps since around June 20th
-Period that was 3 days later than normal, started July 8th with horrendous cramps, pressure but with a light-medium flow and basically no clots, it lasted for about 2 1/2 days then I spotted for a couple days after that. I normally have a period of about 5-6 days with heavy flow for the first 2.
-I still have the dull achy cramps and somewhat sore breasts.
-I took a pregnancy test the day before my period started, negative. Also took one today, negative.
-Also been feeling somewhat run down since this all began (though I do live in FL and it could be the heat! :)

Any ideas or similar experiences? It's been frustrating since I don't know what's going on and I feel like crap :( I appreciate any help!! Thanks :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 11:16am

I can't say with certainty, but it sounds like you can probably rule out pregnancy.