weird menustral cycle

iVillage Member
weird menustral cycle
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 12:07am
I started my period when I was 12. Have always been regular unless pregnant or on depo. Had my tubes clamped in May of 2006. Period was due around the 25th of July. The 21st I started spotting lasted about 3 days. Since my tubal my periods have been heavy(super tampon in a hour). Because of meds I'm on(remeron for depression, ativan for panic attacks and a combo blood pressure med/diuretic) the gyno ran a blood pregnancy test which came back negative a week ago. Still no period and now find out the diuretic could have caused a false negative.  Does anyone have any experience with a pregnancy blood test coming back with the wrong results?
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 10:40am

I totally understand, I'm not good at "waiting it out" either.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 10:35pm

Thanks. I've been told what to watch for both from my gyno and family doctor. Under close watch anyways because of high blood pressure. Yes its possible the test was done too early because of the diuretic(water pill) that is with my blood pressure pill. Chance of tubal was one of the reasons the gyno tested as soon as I called and rushed the results. As far as they are concerned it was accurate and I should just be thankful for a break from my heavy cycles.

I'm just no good at waiting it out. Every single complication is going thru my mind and I know if by some slim chance it is a viable pregnancy(if i am pregnant) I need to be watched closely because of my blood pressure.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 3:18pm

I've never heard of a blood pregnancy test coming back negative when it could've been positive.