Help! Relief from vaginal itching

iVillage Member
Help! Relief from vaginal itching
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 12:05am

I am going crazy. It is midnight on the second night of being unable to sleep because of this awful vaginal itching.

It started yesterday evening when I got home from work and changed to go to the gym. It has stuck around all day and into tonight. I bought vagisil and it has helped some today when I was at work but now its not giving me any relief.

I am most certainly calling the doctor first thing tomorrow morning (well this morning I guess now) but I'm afraid they won't be able to see me for a few days. I can't continue like this its driving me crazy.

The itching is occuring on the inside of my vagina, not very high up. There is no odor and no discharge. The itching is almost like being picked with pins. I hope its a yeast infection but I've never had one before so I don't know. I'm 32 and don't have multiple sex partners, my bf and I have been together 8 months and I know he's not cheating, so I doubt very much this is an STD. It is severly worse at night. I have my period now and I think the use of tampons has made it worse though I don't sleep with them in. I've searched pinworms and its unlikely they would be in my vagina.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Does anyone know any relief methods?  I haven't used any new products or detergents. I did however have a UTI about a month and a half ago that I was on antibiotics for, I don't think they would cause something this long after, would they? 

I mostly just needed to vent, any help would be appreciated though, I'll be up all night!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 9:22am

Oh gosh, I'm sorry!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 1:42am

There are many steroids out that can help...However, these are prescriptions....One thing that will help is ice cold water...This sounds gross, but put an ice cube inside a wash rag and put it on the area that itches...This will calm it down...If you don't get the right response from your physician then head to a

Community Leader
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 4:11pm

I'm betting that's a yeast infection.

Photobucket