My kingdom for a normal period!

iVillage Member
My kingdom for a normal period!
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 11:23am
Well on 7/12 I had an ovary removed. They found a bunch of nasty, benign stuff on it (Hemorhaggic cyst, adhesions, endo, and a benign tumor). Hoping that would fix my hormonal issues I've had (which we assumed were PCOS), but it's been over a month and I'm still having bleeding every other week.

Someone tell me this evens out over time!

- J. Darling 
 (Singer/songwriter/contributing author for Celebrations Press/Proud Boxer Owner/Blogger)

Photobucket

- TronGal
 (Singer/songwriter/contributing author for

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 11:29am

It definitely sounds like stress & lifestyle could be contributing, I'm glad you're making some changes for the better.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 11:19am
Yeah - I dicussed it w/ a nurse in the office and let them know. They encouraged me to develope some healthier routines (making sure I get enough rest, working out, stress reduction) so I've been working on that. My bed time used to vary and often involved me oversleeping and feeling exhausted the next day - vicious cycle. So I set 10:30 as my "get ready to go to bed" time and then I'm in bed reading by about 10:40. Not always a great thing, as sometimes I find it difficult to put the book down, but I'm DEFINATELY sawing logs before midnight - which is an improvement. I'm actually getting up earlier than my dog (which is RARE) now! I'm up and about by around 7:30am, instead of going to be after midnight and being dragged out of bed by a large dog that can no longer wait to go outside around 8-9.

And getting more sleep helps me deal w/ my highly stressful job, and gives me the energy to go for a run or a bike ride on my lunch break. I'm having a fair chunk of relationship stress, but that seems to be working itself out. (A friend of mine recently let me know he thinks I'm "the one" while a guy I've been dating for several years seems to be making it clear that "he's just not that into me" via actions.)

So far so good!

The MD warned me that it might be another month before I see things revert to something more normal. I'm on BCPs (but since I'm abstinent, I have trouble remembering to take them sometimes, so I've set an alarm in my phone so that stops happening too) and have been for years.

Thanks for the venting space! Hopefully all of this will work itself out.

- J. Darling

- TronGal
 (Singer/songwriter/contributing author for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 3:01pm
Have you spoken with your doctor about the ongoing bleeding?