Bleeding during sex

iVillage Member
Bleeding during sex
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 5:05pm

Hi,

So Iam 22 and I have been on the pill for 7 yrs.Iam only mentioning that because I know it's something that should be noted.

Well last night my bf and I were having sex and when we changed positions I noticed blood on the sheet.Not just a few drops,but a large patch.We stopped and checked ourselves over,figuring maybe one of us had a cut from shaving or something.Well I went into the washroom to clean up and discovered it was coming from me,and it was as though I had my period.There were no cuts on the outside that I could see.We were both covered "down there"

This morning when I went to the washroom I realised over night I had bled slightly,and I had cramping too.Since yestrday morning actually my lower back has been really really sore,mainly on my left side.So I don't know what is going on or what caused the bleeding last night.Iam a little concerend.I've never bled during sex before,aside from times when I actually did have a minor cut or if it was right after my period.And those times were just little drops that meant nothing.The amount I bled last night was almost enought that you'd think I had my period.

Any thoughts?

Hollie

Hollie

Community Leader
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 3:37pm

Glad to hear everything seems okay.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 12:34pm
So I had my Dr appt and he said everything looked and felt fine,but he is doing a test just to make sure I don't have an infection like BV or a yeast infection.He said the bleeding was probably one of two things, a.) the uterus decided to shed a bit of endometrial lining right at that moment....during sex....how inconvenient lol

Hollie

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 9:23am

Thanks for your reply.

My last pap was in march of this yr and everything was fine.Sunday was when the bleeding occoured and I actually bled ever so slightly right up until wednesday.So today,being friday I have a dr appt this morning at 11:30.

I didn't mention in my post,that my period....as of sunday was like 19 days a way,so now like 2 weeks away.So deffinitly no obvious explanation as to why I bled like that.Hopefully I'll get some insight today.

Hollie

Hollie

Community Leader
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 8:18pm

I would definitely talk with your doctor.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 10:09am

Hi Hollie,

You should probably contact your doctor since this was unexpected/unusual bleeding.