Down A New Path!

iVillage Member
Down A New Path!
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 5:42pm

Let's see when I last updated, my results were on the low end of normal (meaning towards they hyper end of things, but still normal). My doctor actually kept me on the same medication, enough that he supplied me with about three and a half months worth of medication. There was a minor thing with the medication, but that was quickly resolved (just that he didn't give me the presciption, and I ended up having to run around to get it filled out).

While they're still not exactly sure what's going on with the weird period, they did find a reason to my abnormal cramping, gallstones. Easy enough to deal with, and they were thinking surgery, until I pointed up the fact that I got a positive pregnancy test, for about the third time.

So I'm going down a new path, and I've had my thyroid tested since I got my positive test, and I'm still within the normal range. I'm planning on testing again sometime within the next two weeks since I'm the only person that seems to remember (other than my nurse friend), that I should be tested every three to four weeks. It's been a roller coaster with really bad morning sickness, dizziness, light headness, freezing and sleepiness (which I think all but the morning sickness makes me jump wondering if my thyroid is out of whack), but at 8 weeks, I'm doing pretty good. I'll try to keep everyone updated more, but I tend to sleep 16 hours a day at the moment.

Carrie-Lynn

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 9:44pm

Thanks for that update.

Calley7

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 12:13am
My thyroid levels have gotten weird as my pregnancy has gone on. I was on the same dosage or slightly different for the longest time as my levels didn't fluctuate much. Then my levels started changing to the point that I've been on 50mg of ptu for some time now. Since going on 1 per day, my tsh levels continue to drop and are now just inside the normal range while my t4 level has remained pretty much unchanged at the low end of normal. (They've not checked t3 levels in several months.) I asked my endo about this - one hormone approaching hyper while the other approaching hypo. He just said it's normal for pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy where I've had to be on thyroid meds the entire time and I wasn't expecting it. I wonder what will happen once I deliver as it currently looks to me like my thyroid doesn't know what to do!