Diet affecting hyperthyroidism???

iVillage Member
Diet affecting hyperthyroidism???
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 12:36am
I just found a website that discusses copper, iodine, gluten-free diet, dairy product avoidance, etc as it relates to hyperthyroidism. This is the first I've heard about this and I'm on my 3rd endocrinologist. Has anyone else heard about this? I'm really beginning to wonder what I'm paying an endocrinologist for! Shouldn't they be giving me information like this? Seems like the appointments are typically a waste of time anyway and more like a way for them to get paid to look at my periodic test results. Very frustrating if this info is true.
Here's the website: http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C16780.html
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 1:17am

I have Graves and I went through a few Endos before I found one that I liked. It's also taking me since 2004 to get things under control. Six years is a long time to deal with it all but I'm feeling soo much better now.

Not sure about the whole Diagnose Me website. I'd probably take it at face value.

Since I'm back on even kill so to speak, I just go to my regular doctor and not my Endo. He consults with my Endo, but I pay his prices. Might be something to look into.

Hope you find an Endo that you like.

Take care

Kimberly

Ph
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 9:36pm

Hi momofbabyguys,

I haven't really studied much about diet concerning hyper and hypo.

Calley7