Confused about Thyroid Change

iVillage Member
Confused about Thyroid Change
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 3:44pm

Looking for advise or support , I have panic and anxiety disorder and have used that board many times with great success.  Today my concerns center around Anxiety and Thyroid Disorder.

Two days ago at work I had a major panic attack , vision was off , dizzy and very unsteady , hot and palpitations all the symptoms , I had to leave and a co worker had to drive me home.... once home after taking ativan and self help I felt better.  Next day I called Doctor to see if my blood work from T4 and TSH had returned , they were and were flagged for me to come in to see Doc.... turns out after 10 years my thyroid has gone from under active to over active, my TSH levels were very low , well knowing this my Doc decreased my 112mcg down to 100 mcg , went in to pharmacy this morning having panic attack again , so afraid to take my med again because now I am associating the episode at work with the meds.... I was so scared that I only took half the pill , now I am in a big panic about taking the whole one tomorrow ..... omg I am a mess.... will it be safe to take the 100 mcg tomorrow?  I am so confused and in panic.  I have missed now 2 days from work because of this.  Anyone that can help me sort this out or has been in the same tangle PLEASE all advice welcome.  I just wish I had of taken the dose per scripted and worked through it , or my Doc had of started low and worked up to 100 mcg if needed.

Thank You

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 8:15pm

Hi bee_42,

Welcome to our board.

From your post, I think you're saying that possibly taking the med (even though the dose is less) might continue to put you in the hyper stage and thus trigger the panic attacks.

Calley7

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 9:03pm

Hi Calley

Thanks for your reply.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 10:44am

Hi Brenda,

My May test results were TSH-.12 with the normal range at .20-4.50.

Calley7

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 10:33pm

Hi Calley

I went back to work today.... was somewhat panicked throughout the day , still not sure if this is