Shaking .. dizzy.. lightheaded ..and hot

iVillage Member
Shaking .. dizzy.. lightheaded ..and hot
Sun, 06-27-2004 - 8:55pm
So .. today when I got out of the bath and I was drying off .. All of a sudden I got a major hot flash and became really dizzy and lightheaded .. also I started feeling completely sick to my stomach .. Then my entire body started to shake .. I drank some water and laid down .. I was shaking so bad I could barely hold me cell phone to call my mom .. I'm still shaking but not as bad .. and my stomach is still a little upset .. Had anyone else had these symptoms.
Lilypie Baby Days
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-27-2004 - 9:25pm

I would definitely talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2004 - 8:24am
Hi there Trish

I get this sensation every single day and it is very troubling and annoying to me. I get hot flashes, feel like I am going to faint and have to move my bowels. My doctor is not concerned at all and in What to Expet.... they state that dizziness is still a common symptom in the 9th month. My doctor explained that at this point the uterus is so large that it is sitting on major blood vessels and constricting the flow of blood to the brain and heart - fun for us huh?? Anyway, hang in there it won't be long now. I usually relieve the sensation by lying on my left side in the a/c with water and elevating my feet so the flow of blood goes upward.

Good luck!

Mary

edd 7/14

Ava Rose

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2004 - 11:15am
I am glad you asked this and others have responded. I have had this a few different days. For me it has been mainlly been when I have not slept well the night before. However, today I was feeling pretty shaky, well, I had been up for 5 hours, and had not eaten anything. A granola bar and cereal bar later, and I feel pretty good again.

loemal

Shane Ryan 9-6-91

Adam Joseph 4-26-02

EDD 7-15-04 - Yellow Team

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2004 - 11:58am
I agree with PP, but also a thought.. how hot was your bath? I don't really take baths, but I love to sit in the hot tub when I'm not pregnant and even at 100 degrees, I get that way. I won't notice it until I go to stand up and then sometimes I get really dizzy and even pass out from the heat. I never get in a hot tub without my husband nearby just in case! Anyway, it's just a thought. You want to be careful not to get too hot and get your body temperature too high.

Might not be related anyway, but thought I'd mention it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2004 - 4:05pm
I talked to my doctor about it today .. she didn't seem to worried .. She said I probably had the water to hot and that is why I became lighthead .. also .. i've been on bedrest so she said just the fact that i was moving around and stuff could have caused alot of it ..
Lilypie Baby Days
Image and video hosting by TinyPic