We told them! What a SHOCKER!

iVillage Member
We told them! What a SHOCKER!
Sat, 10-31-2009 - 10:52pm
(As posted elsewhere, LOL)

My original plan was to keep it quiet until Thanksgiving, but I've been too sick w/ m/s to keep it under wraps that long. And recovering from this flu is torture since I can't take anything "good." So we asked everyone to get together tonight after trick-or-treating and the first thing my mom and MIL said was "are you pregnant?" Well, DUH, I "can't" be! I had a tubal! LOL. So I told them both we were planning to adopt twins after Christmas and that was the end of that. (Basically I told them something ridiculous right back in response). ;c) Anyway, b/c they both guessed baby I had to change my original "GRAYSON IS GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER" plan. Since they know we're planning on building a house, I went with "WE ARE ADDING ON TO THE HOUSE IN JUNE BY TWO FEET." (My mom said "what are you doing, putting in a flower bed?" LOL). The game was a blank board and they took turns guessing letters and I had my 6yo put the letters up for them. Thank goodness they filled the whole board in and STILL didn't get it. They discussed pregnant a couple of different times but since I "couldn't be" they never formally guessed it and we just politely ignored the suggestion, LOL. Anyway, we eventually had to sort of tell them. They were all shocked and congratulatory. Everyone suggested DH form a different hobby while he told FIL that he failed at "the talk" since DH obviously doesn't know what causes it. LOL. It was fun! And the cat is out of the bag - bewildered, but no worse for the wear. Baby #6 is on the way! Here's the filled in game board.
Photobucket

Photobucket

FIVE KIDS.  ONE ON THE WAY.  ONE INCOME.  FLINGING DEBT.  FIND OUT HOW - CLICK HERE TO SEE MY BLOG.  

SWEET TOOTH?  I'M A PRO!  VIEW MY CAKES HERE!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker   

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sarah
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-31-2009 - 11:32pm

LOL I am glad you told them and they congratulated you. It is always nice to get it over with and be able to move on to other things. :)

Hugs,

Martie
Mom to 8 amazing children

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-01-2009 - 7:49am
How fun! What a creative way to tell them. I'm glad everyone had a good response.

Julie-
Mom to Michael (11), Jessica (11), Emily (10), Sarah (6), and Matthew (4) and Aunt to Laura (10)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-01-2009 - 8:59am
goof for you guys and now you just have more support on your team since they know now.
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

having a baby
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-01-2009 - 11:44am

I'm glad you told everyone and they were all happy for you. Now if we could jsut get the same response it would be nice.

Lisa

PhotobucketPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-01-2009 - 1:35pm

What a fun way to tell the great news!!