Starting HSing next week!

iVillage Member
Starting HSing next week!
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 2:07pm

Hey ladies,

My oldest is 5 yrs old, and just started K this year. It was a really tough decision to put her in, but we did - to a local Christian school. It seemed good so far, after my baby's birth and dealing with PPD, I was glad to get some time to recover. But, now it's not working for us anymore (continual sickness, not so good teacher, tuition is high for kindergarten, and most of all - she doesn't like it). So, after a lot of thinking and praying, we are pulling her and hsing! I'm so excited, because I thought maybe because of the number of kids I have (four now) and my PPD, I thought we couldn't do it even though I wanted to hs. Now, with my baby being 6 months and my PPD gone, I am back in the saddle and SO excited!!! We are in CA, so K isn't even mandatory anyway. But I'm hsing her and I am so darn excited about it. I've waited for years to do this, and now I'm finally going to!! Just had to share!! We're going to keep my second daughter in preschool because she loves it, just pull my oldest. I think it'll be awesome. I went to my friend's house, saw her hs curriculum, talked to her for 2 hours. It was awesome. I have my stuff ordered and it should be here by the end of this week so we can get started Monday!! Woo-hoo!!

Melissa
DD 12/03
DD 6/05
DS 5/07
DD 5/09

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 2:22pm
Congratulations! That's so exciting. I think you'll love HSing. It's been full of pleasant surprises for us this year (also doing K with our oldest). I wouldn't want to miss a minute of it now!
PhotobucketThanks, Brooke (brookie2727)! Jodi's BlogPhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
ehk8apThanks, mom2jess_n_ky! <
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 2:35pm
Congratulations! We have been hsing from the start here, wouldn't do it any other way!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 4:15pm

That's wonderful, Melissa. I am so excited for you. Teaching Kg is so much fun. I love it.

I am glad your PPD is better. That certainly is an awful thing to go through. I had it with Ben and it was awful.

Hugs,

Martie
Mom to 8 amazing children

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-11-2009 - 6:12am
good for you! I am sure you will do great and everyone will adjust and enjoy quickly. good luck
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

having a baby
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 1:56am
woo hoo!