Just an update and praise

iVillage Member
Just an update and praise
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 8:53am

Hi TOk moms!  I don't write very often but I am a frequent lurker :-)  This week our youngest, Lia, was evaluated by the Help Me Grow program in our area and she is almost completely on par with her AA friends!  Lia was 13 weeks early weighing in at 2lb 2 oz and had pretty extensive brain bleeds on both sides of her brain so they have watched her very closely.  Her brain damage is pretty evident on her u/s evals, so we are very grateful that she isn't showing major issues, praise God!  She will be doing play therapy group once a week to help her stay on track.  With Lia we are enjoying the little things so much more, since every little acomplishment is a huge victory.  It is a reminder to me that I need to slow down and just enjoy our children more, and thank God for his provision.  Prayers and God's grace are all that have gotten our family though the last 7 mths.  Lia's therapists all say that our TOK family is part of the reason Lia is doing so well.  With so many people to talk to and play with Lia is getting a lot of verbal stimulation and play time :-) 

Congrats to all the TOK mommies that are expecting again! 

Jennifer L.

mom to Alyssa 13, Justin 12, Josh 8, Alex 6, Addy 5, Levi 2, and Lia almost 7 mths

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 9:19am

Hi Jennifer!

I am glad that Lia is doing so well. I definitely think her therapist is correct. I knew a family with 3 children, and they 3rd was born early with many many issues. The doctors said he'd never walk or talk, but his older brother and sister talked to him all the time and taught him to walk and talk. Kids have a way of helping kids while making it seem fun. I am sure your Lia will grow and thrive with her therapy and her siblings help.

Hugs,

pregnancy due date

Martie
Mom to 8 amazing children

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 10:18am
good to hear from you Jennifer and how wonderful to hear Lia is doing so well. I agree with the tok family setting her up for success. I just always think about the wonderful support system we are growing with our tok families.
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

having a baby
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 10:36am
God is good! That is awesome new Jennifer:) So glad to hear Lia is doing so well:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=kalibratx4"><

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 10:21pm
Aww Jennifer... it's great to hear that Lia is doing so well. I hope progress continues to follow her. What a little fighter! :) God is good, eh? :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 2:13pm
Awww,thats such WONDERFUL news about Lia!Im glad that shes thriving with her TOK sibs and parents and its nice to hear that it can be a GOOD thing rather than the other!I hope she continues to progress and enjoy her family!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket