Adin is potty trained!

iVillage Member
Adin is potty trained!
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 9:16pm
Adin, my 2 1/2 year old is pretty much all the way potty trained as of this week! I'm so thrilled! He has been one of my easiest to teach, and I'm so relieved, since his big brother was almost 4 before he was trained. I started having Adin sit on a little potty chair when he was a year old, just for fun, whenever I changed his diaper or gave him a bath. He really liked it, though he didn't know what it was for. When he turned 2, I started to talk to him about using the potty like Eli (his big brother). I had him watch Eli pee in the toilet and brought him in with me when I used the toilet too. He was curious and liked to watch. Then at the beginning of December, I started to put some training pants on him in the mornings before his nap. He liked them, but wet them, and when I sat him on the potty, he didn't do anything. After about 2 weeks, I decided to go back to diapers and try again after the holidays. Then last week, he was wearing his diaper when he grabbed himself and said "Mommy, I go pee" I thought he already wet his diaper, but I took him to the toilet anyway and discovered a dry diaper, so I sat him on the big toilet and he went! Yeah! We were all so excited for him. From then on, he has been announcing "I go pee" all the time, so I've been putting him in underwear. He has had only 1 accident. The last 2 days he began going #2 in the toilet as well. This is pretty big news around here. Sorry to go on and on, but each one of my kids have been different and sometimes it helps to read others stories, so I thought I would share. Anyway, I'm still putting diapers on him for night time, but I didn't put one on at nap time today and he stayed dry, so maybe nighttime is only around the corner too. So, for a few more months I'll be diaper free! I'm so excited.
Thanks for reading.
siggie

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket
Heidi Loving wife to Stuart and Mom to 7 great kids Diane, Jacob, Chad, Gregory, Elijah, Adin and Mitchell
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 2:59am

THATS AWESOME!!Im just about there with Logan who is 3 1/2 but I think its more me being lazy and putting diapers on when we go somewhere.

CONGRATS!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 7:51am
That's great! I must say I am a little jealous. My little guy is 3 1/2 and shows NO interest in being potty trained. We've tried just about everything. At this point, I don't make it a big deal, I just ask him if he wants to go sit on the potty, and he always says no. He's watched everyone go potty, me, his brother, daddy, sisters, everyone. All of his little friends have been potty trained for many months. It doesn't phase him. He just doesn't care. We've tried rewards, punishments- he couldn't play the computer for about 4 months-- just recently I've let him play again. I've had him sit in wet underwear for a little bit, NOTHING works. I know eventually he'll get it, so I try not to make it a big deal, but it's VERY frustrating! That seems excellent that Adin basically potty trained himself!

Julie-
Mom to Michael (11), Jessica (11), Emily (10), Sarah (6), and Matthew (4) and Aunt to Laura (10)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 8:51am
Congratulations! Enjoy your temporary diaper independence!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 9:00am

Yay Heidi!!!! Yay Adin!!!! That is a big accomplishment. Congratulations and enjoy a diaper free life. :)

Hugs,

pregnancy

Martie
Mom to 8 amazing children

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 10:31am

Heidi- That is awesome! I am finally there with my 3 yr old. We are diaper free too and it feels good but sad too LOL Hopefully we will use them again someday but for now it's a nice break :)

Way to go Adin!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=kalibratx4"><

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 8:57am
congrats on the big boy success!!! good for you guys
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

having a baby
hugs