Meet my new first cousin once removed!

iVillage Member
Meet my new first cousin once removed!
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 10:49am

I have exciting news to share, and I'm not even pregnant :)

A while back I asked for advice on doing in home childcare, because my cousin's wife was looking for someone to watch their baby when she goes back to work. After a lot of thought and discussion and prayer, dh and I decided we were totally excited to do this for them, and we offered. They were excited that we offered and accepted.

Then began the wait to meet this new little person that would be such a huge part of our home starting in the Spring. I'll admit I was hoping for a boy - it seemed like the only way I 'd ever get my hands on one! - but now that SHE is here, I'm delighted that my girls will have another little GIRL to love on!

So here is Ellie Elyse, born early Saturday morning January 23rd, weighing 8lbs 13 oz. I *love* that she looks totally different from my girls (a newborn with hair?!) and that I still fell instantly in love with her when I met her last night. I feel like this is going to work out really well :)

Oh, and a funny thing about her name: the friend and neighbor that I see most often for playdates (twice a week or more!) has an 18-month-old Ellie. When we told our girls the new baby's name, Pippa asked, "But what will happen when we see the *real* Ellie?" LOL! The other Ellie's mom is now calling the new baby "stunt-double-Ellie" :)

So here is our new "bonus baby". We'll be watching her full time (during the school-year; mom's a teacher) strating after Easter - yay!

PhotobucketPhotobucketThanks, Brooke (brookie2727)! Jodi's BlogPhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
ehk8apThanks, mom2jess_n_ky! <
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 11:34am
Oh she is scrumptious!!!

Andrea, mom to 9 crazy kids....including our newest editi

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 12:43pm

Such a cute baby. Congratulations to you and your cousins. I love the name. :)

Hugs,

Mom to 7 wonderful children and waiting on one due this summer.

pregnancy

Martie
Mom to 8 amazing children

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 3:21pm
Oh she is SO cute! I got a new niece yesterday too. Babies are so awesome! lol

Michelle - cding, bfing, cosleeping, hbing, nonvaxing, baby wearing, crunchy momma to 8!

Michelle - cding, bfing, cosleeping, hbing, nonvaxing, baby wearing, crunchy momma to 8!  Follow our Adventures in my Blog. Tales from the Q