Found my new OB(midwife)

iVillage Member
Found my new OB(midwife)
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 4:16pm

So I finally spoke to the new OB and found out she's actually a midwife and that's all they have there. It's a birth center and Holistic birthing place. They have prenatal yoga, lamaze classes, and water births. Instead of regular hospital rooms, they have suites with cozy beds and pull out sofas for those staying for the delivery.

The midwife was patient and kind with all of my questions which put me at ease and made me feel like she cared. I can't wait until Wednesday to meet the rest of the all female staff and know more about their process!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 5:15pm
Wow, sounds like you had a nice visit. I hope the visit with the other ladies goes well.
Photobucket
Sharee mom to 8!(Who would have thought)

PhotobucketSharee mom to 7!(Who would have thou
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 5:55pm

Yay!!!! I am so happy you found someone and you're happy. Sounds like a great place. :)

Hugs,

Mom to 7 wonderful children and waiting on one due this summer.

pregnancy

Martie
Mom to 8 amazing children

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 6:10pm
I'm jealous--that sounds like exactly what I'd want. Unfortunately, I'm limited to providers less than an hour from home (and that would be cutting things pretty close)--Peter was born 1 hr 15 minutes after my water broke.
-Jessi (aka YCW)
http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/
Mom to Hannah (05/08) and Peter (12/09)
and hoping one day in heaven to meet Joseph, Isaiah, Elisha, Enoch, Simon Hosea, Ruby, Maranatha, Michael, Joy, and Ebenezer
Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 6:13pm
Wow, that sounds really fantastic! They will be A LOT better than that insane OB you had before. Congrats!
Jennifer, Mommy to Rosie, Ezra, Benji and Mattan
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 10:27am
glad it is working out. it is so important to trust your care givers.
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

having a baby

"When one door of happiness closes, another one opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."-Helen Keller
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 3:33pm
Wow, sounds wonderful. I wish we had those around here.
Photobucket
Photobucket