SURPRISE! The lights are back on!

iVillage Member
SURPRISE! The lights are back on!
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 11:34pm
YIPPEEE!!! I'm back! After a week of no electricity, I am back! (well, 4hrs short of a week lol). Electricity came back at 9:30 tonight. Tomorrow is the first day back to school for the kids since last Thursday, they have a LOT of days to make up. Grandparents day is cancelled tomorrow though :o(, BUT...Spring Break starts on Saturday. LOL So they'll have another 10 days off of school after their one day back.

It really wasn't so bad. Tom got a generator from work on Monday night and we got to watch the Syracuse Orangemen become NATIONAL CHAMPIONS on TV! Other than that the only reason I need the generator is for the frig. Some of the kids commented on how nice it was without the generator (read as...tv). We didn't wire the generator for the whole house so still didn't have water, but we could easily bucket it out of our well. I laughed when I actually FLUSHED the toilet...oh the little joys of life...now I have to clean the stupid thing! :o( The washing machine was going within 5 minutes of the water running again...definitely a TOK house.

Looks like I have a bit of catching up to do around here.

Kim

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 9:35am
Oh, Kim! You're BACK!!! (Did you see the mess I made while you were gone? I'm sorry...looks like you've got more "cleanup" than just that toilet...I am SUCH a bad girl...sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry...)

Glad you had at least what sounds like SOME fun while you were "out"...at least, if you didn't get to do laundry all week that HAD to be OK...

...and most of all, glad you're BACK!

Jenn (peering warily from under that pile of socks and fully expecting more yelling-at when the CL finds out what she's been up to...)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 9:57am
Happy to see you back! :o)

I'm glad that you made it through that ordeal. We really take for granted the fact that our power has never been off for more than a day or so. I don't know how we would cope with a storm and cold with no power. (((HUG)))

Does this mean we will see you in chat? :oD

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 1:09pm
glad everything came back thats a long time,joanne
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 1:43am
Glad all is back up and running for you Kim! Missed Ya! Glad to have you back!

Amy