Anything in the bible about large family

iVillage Member
Anything in the bible about large family
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 3:21pm
Sorry to intrude...I'm a lurker who wants a big family and was wondering if anyone here could tell me if there's anything in the bible about large families. Someone asked me why I wanted one and I felt like my heart was in the right place, but I couldn't find the right words to explain. I would like some scripture to back up my feelings. I'm sure there must be some biblical references to having large families, but I don't know where. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 3:51pm
This one should be in the religion folder, so I'll be a good girl and copy it there, OK? ;o)

Jenn.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 1:18am
Happy is a man who hath his quiver full.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.

What more can we say? God used babies as blessings many times in the bible. Like when Hannah gave her first son to God at the temple, She made that promise to him just so she could have one child. God blessed her with many children after she gave birth to her first born and did "give" him to God like she had promised.

Try looking in the coordinance or the back of the bible in the index and find key words like baby and family and see if that can help you find what you are looking for. Hope some of this helps. My bible is lost , since dh lost it on Easter sunday and I havent gotten a new one yet! Men LOL!

Bye Rebecca

Rebecca mom to.... Nathaniel (10)Shaylynn (8) Cierra (6)Savannah (5)

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 6:05pm
For more info about the Bible and large families, contact AboveRubies.org. They have a book out called "God's Plan for Families" that has pages of info in it.

Alison

currently pg with #5