regarding chores: I did 'beans/pogs'...

iVillage Member
regarding chores: I did 'beans/pogs'...
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 7:59pm
When my oldest 2 were 7&4, we had baby jars for each and beans were for undesirable behaviour and the pogs were for good behavior/chores done. At the end of the week, they exchanged the pogs for dimes and for the beans they put a nickel in the mommy jar. It worked for awhile and was quite fun. Now with 6 kids, its a little different, but I did find a pad of paper for chores checklist at the local teachers store Apple Tree, it has 'taking care of myself taking care of my room taking care of the house other things I need to do days of the week across, under each topic are a few lines to fill in whatevers appropriate and little boxes under the days of the week for a checklist. Its really basic, colorful, but works well for us all, even mom&dad. Maybe this will help someone else. I love getting different ideas from people. Take care! Lynne
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 10:25am
You know what I am going to have to try that. I have to start something my 10 yr old is now mouthing off when I ask him to do something. I am pg with #5 and my Asthma is kicking my butt this time. I can not do everything at this point anymore.

Thanks for your sugestion. I am going to work on a chore chart today and then get some beans. I have some poker chips I am going to use instead of the pogs.

Steph Edd #5 9-8 *girl*