1. Real tree or artificial?
I noticed you listed fudge twice, Eleyne.
Not bad, Amanda.
1. Real tree or artificial? Perfer real, but have fake.2. When do you take down the tree? Jan. 3rd3. Do you like eggnog? EEEEyuk4. Hardest person to buy for? Youngest son ; he never wants anything Easiest? Oldest son; he wants everything.5. Mail or e-mail holiday cards? Mail, I like the personal touch6. Favorite holiday movie? White Christmas7. Favorite thing to eat at the holidays? Shrimp cocktail8. Clear lights or colored? Both depending on the tree theme9. What is your least favorite holiday song? Oh Holy Night. Why? The only one that ever moves me to tears because of it’s awesome meaning.10. Will you travel for the holidays? Not this year How long will you stay?11. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. And the lost brother Darrel12 Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Eve are the family gifts, Morning is for the Santa gifts13. Favorite ornament? The one’s the boys made when they were little14. Favorite food for holiday dinner? Lobster tail
17. What have you accomplished this year that made you proud? The fact that I have been able for once because of my working full time, been able to put money in savings
19. Do you bake or buy cookies? Neither. I wait for people to give them to me.
1. Real tree or artificial?**I love real, but I put up an artificial.
2. When do you take down the tree?**The day after Christmas.
3. Do you like eggnog?**I despise the stuff.
4. Hardest person to buy for? Easiest?**My dad and Oldest Sister's husband are difficult, but I usually manage to find something for them. Both my sisters are easy to shop for: We all three generally like the same things.
5. Mail or e-mail holiday cards?**Depends on my friends. Some of them have moved and I've lost their address so I send them e-cards. Everyone else gets snail mail cards.
6. Favorite holiday movie? **"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and "A Christmas Story" (I wish I could tell humorous stories as well as Jean Shephard. He cracks me up.)
7. Favorite thing to eat at the holidays?**Home-made candy.
8. Clear lights or colored?**Both.
9. What is your least favorite holiday song? Why?**"I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas"-There's something so humourous and cute about it.
10. Will you travel for the holidays? How long will you stay?**Not real traveling here. I'll go to Older Sister and brother-in-law's on Christmas day, though, and they live only an hour away.
11. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?**Yes.
12 Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?**More like afternoon.
13. Favorite ornament?**I have my mom's old Currier and Ives ornaments that are a family tradition.
14. Favorite food for holiday dinner?**Don't really have one. Our Christmas dinner anymore is highly untraditional. Last year, we had Mexican food. Other years, we've had beef and noodles and mashed potatoes.
15. Have you ever peeked at a present?**Oh, have I got a story for this one. When I was probably 6,7 years old, a mysterious package appeared at the back of the tree. I figured out how to sneak back there and carefully pick away at wrapping to see what it was. From the label on the package I quickly deducted I was getting a Cabbage Patch doll. I was so excited, but suddenly, Christmas morning, the package had disappeared! Apparently, my mom knew I was picking at the package so she hid it. I got the doll and the package, but I received an extra, unwanted gift with it: A guilty conscience. I never picked at a package again.
16. What has lifted your spirit lately?**A student brought me a beautiful plastic Christmas platter with home-made candy on it. I haven't had home-made candy in a long time.
17. What have you accomplished this year that made you proud?**I learned how to clean the emotional clutter out of my life.
18. How do you avoid holiday goodies?**I don't. I take small bits so I'm not tempted to cave and eat way too much.
19. Do you bake or buy cookies?**I like home-made cookies, but I don't have the time so I buy them.
20. What is the life expectancy of a fruitcake?**Eternity. I have a theory that there is only one true fruitcake and all the rest that are floating out there are the spawn of that one fruitcake.
I make my own fudge and take whatever is offered to me by others, after the spread is over. LOL. I don't put nuts in mine. I will be making some probably tomorrow afternoon.
Pies. Apple, cherry, pumpkin, mock apple, pecan, buttermilk, pear-cranberry, lots of others. I found a recipe for a peanut-butter pie that I might try for Christmas. Looks yummy and easy.
Hold steady on the list. LOL.