Large cervix?

iVillage Member
Large cervix?
Thu, 02-17-2005 - 7:48am

When I saw my doctor the other day she mentioned that my cervix was really large. She had mentioned that before, a few years ag,o when I had first started trying to get pregnant and did a pap smear to see if anything was wrong, but my test came back fine. She did another one this time but I won't get the results for several days.

Has anyone ever heard of such? I can't find much online about it. Some articles mention cancer, but I doubt it is that, since I had the same problem 3 years ago. It would have been causing problems by now. But I wonder if having a huge cervix could cause problems in pregnancy or labor. My doctor's never mentioned it when I was pregnant with my son, but he was 5 weeks premature. So now I am beginning to wonder.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-17-2005 - 1:40pm

So has anyone else heard anything like this? Please tell me I am not the only freak of nature. ;)

Leslie

Lilypie Baby Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-25-2005 - 9:33am

Follow-up: I've now been bleeding for 12 days and my doctor says it is coming from my cervix, not the uterus. She said my cervix is low as well. So I have a bleeding, large, low cervix. What could this be? My pap smear results haven't come back yet. She wants to see me in 3 weeks to see how it looks then, and I have been instructed not to have sex for awhile. Oh and the ultrasound shows the baby with a heartbeat measuring at almost 7 weeks if this makes a difference.

So has anyone else ever heard of a large, low, bleeding cervix?

Lilypie Baby Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2005 - 7:56am
Bumping this up once again.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2005 - 2:35pm
I've never heard of such a thing, but I wanted to send p&pt's!! Did she say why she keeps mentioning the cervix size? I would ask her first, she must 'mean' something (or nothing) by it. I spotted during my first pregnancy with my daughter, and she's a healthy 17 month old now. The spotting could always be a nothing! It sounds like thats your case, you have a good heartbeat! Good luck and keep us updated!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket