iVillage Member
10/1 Quickie---OMG!!!
Thu, 09-30-2004 - 11:25pm

Another one from Faith.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-02-2004 - 11:16am
Hi ladies, its been awhile and its been quite awhile since I've written anything, but I wanted to give the exercise a whirl!, lol....Maria

Kim closes the romance novel and hums. Vision of the sexy cowboy hero lingers in her mind as she disrobes and prepares to shower. Twenty minutes later a warm fog envelops the small area as Kim steps out of the shower and reaches for a towel. An insistent ringing of the doorbell alerts her.

“OH, Shoot!” she says looking down at her bare feet. Wrapping the blue towel around herself she hurries to the back door and opens it.

Her eyes scan over his John Deere cap to his tan, weathered face, to his raised eyebrows and grin. Kim shifts her weight and pulls up the towel and says, “Mr. Rake.”

“You’re bull is out on the road. I almost hit him.”

Inching her body behind the door she answers, “ Okay, I will take care of it, thanks,” the she closes the door.

Kim stomps to her bedroom and recalls the day that her husband, Tom came home and said that he had a surprise for her. The surprise was a thirteen hundred pound, Simmental bull, which he bought for her beef herd. She remembered she said at the time, Okay. And she also recalled how the bull didn’t like its new home so it ran away and ended up on the railroad tracks, where it took major coaxing to get it to move. The bull’s previous owner was a nice Mexican man, so her husband and sons, said to it, uno, dos, tres, si, si!

Flinging on her work shirt she huffs and thinks some women get gifts like jewelry and trips from their husbands and what does she get, nothing but A LOT of bull!!!. And he wonders why she reads romance books.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-02-2004 - 1:59pm

LOLOLOL!!!!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-02-2004 - 4:02pm

Hi, Maria,

This was a fun read.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-02-2004 - 6:06pm

The doorbell rang, followed immediately by an insistent knock.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-02-2004 - 10:44pm
This is an enjoyable read. I love the humor. Living through that would be as much fun as the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes people coming to your door and asking for directions to your neighbor's house. LOL.....Maria

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-02-2004 - 10:51pm
Thanks Eleyne for the kind words. I enjoyed writing it....Maria

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-02-2004 - 11:23pm
I had a little time this weekend, so I decided to try this out.

Steam rose from the water, wafting between my toes and tickling the bottom of my foot. My CD player spun, track two ended and the next song began as I stepped into the claw foot tub. The rapidly dissolving kernels of Dead Sea salts massaged my feet and I took a deep breath, inhaling the weighty coalition of geranium and frankincense essential oils.

“Hallelujah,” I sat back and closed my eyes, thankful for elementary schools, husbands who loved to play golf, and non-scheduled days.

A faint knocking reached my ears, and a frown creased my forehead. I threw my head back and looked up at the ceiling.

“Why, why on my only day off? I swear I can’t take a dump without somebody wanting to know what color it is.”

I pulled myself up, sloshing water on the ceramic tile floor. I yanked a lavender bath sheet from the hook on the door and wrapped it around my body, securing the loose end under my breasts.

“Hold on!” I screamed.

Rachelle’s voice froze mid-riff after I stabbed the pause button on the CD player. The cold air that hit my body when I opened the door might as well have been an arctic blast, and I stomped down the hall, the water that remained on my shoulders freezing into drops of ice.

“Dammit, Traven,” I kicked Optimus Prime across the floor. My son never remembered to pick up his toys.

I jogged down the stairs and ran towards the door, readjusting the towel before I flung it open.

“Wha—”

The man standing on my porch stared back at me as if God said, “Adam, meet Eve.” Yet he’d always stared at me that way, those pretty browns gave my body his full attention every time we’d been together.

“Kaheil,” I hissed, and he raised his eyes from my chest. “What are you doing here?”

“Phaedra,” he said. “Please. I need to speak to you.”

I cursed inwardly; I’d have rather had the IRS standing on my porch, but I stepped to the side to let him in. I followed him to the living room, where we stood in an awkward silence until I remembered my near-nakedness.

��Jeez,” Suddenly self-conscious, I crossed my arms over my chest. “I’ll be right back.”

I jogged up the stairs and changed into my robe wondering all the time what the hell Kaheil Lewis was doing in my house. And why he still had to look so damn good. And if I would be able to get back in the tub while the water remained reasonably warm.

I walked back into the living room, and stood in the middle of the room, tightening the belt on my robe. “Why are you here? What if my husband had been here, Kaheil?”

“I saw him leave,” he interrupted. “Phae, I had to see you again.” He sank down on the camel leather couch, and looked up at me. “Sari and I—she left me. I told her about…I told Sari about us and she left me.”

Oh, the crap had hit the fan. I closed my eyes in shock and disbelief. “Kaheil, why? Why would you tell her about an affair that is over? We haven��t even seen each other in wee—”

“In too long.” He said, standing and walking toward me. “I told Sari because I want to be with you. Phaedra, I love you.”

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-03-2004 - 12:30am

Oh, Lord -- I think my protagonist got off easy -- she only had to deal with the FBI!

Wonderful read -- thanks!

Ladyirish317

400/363.4/150
...There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for...

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-03-2004 - 1:28am
Droplets of water trickled down my chest as I raced down the steps clad in only a plush navy blue towel. The strident ring of the doorbell filled the early morning silence as I struggled to reach the door before it woke my sleeping children. Of course, as I released my grip on the towel to open the door, I could feel the top of the towel slide downward. I grabbed the falling towel with my hand and used my hip to slam the unlocked door closed on my caller. As I readjusted the towel, I heard an impatient bang on the door. "Come in", I finally yelled as I clutched the towel with both hands.

The door creaked as it swung open. A frown crossed my mother's normally jovial face as her brown eyes raked over my outfit. "What are you doing answering the door like that?", she admonished as she entered the foyer.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-03-2004 - 11:20am
Trouble is in the air!!! great job of showing......Maria

Photobucket

Pages