PSA - watch this video

iVillage Member
PSA - watch this video
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 2:59am

Every so often I try to stop by and post a message about keeping babies rear-facing beyond the 1 year and 20lb minimum required by law. This short 1 minute 6 second video explains why it is safer so I hope you'll watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sssIsceKd6U

Remember laws of physics win out over state laws anyday!

If anyone has any questions or wants more information about car seats, please ask!

09-Melanie.jpg Isabelle and Marcus picture by MathMelanie

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 4:35pm

Thanks for posting this Melanie!

My pediatricians office now has posters with guidelines stating that they should stay RF until at least 2 years of age. However, I am still surprised when I talk with Mom's and they are told of the guidelines of 1-yr.

I am planning to keep Madeline RF as long as possible.

Photobucket

Breastfeeding Mama Blinky Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 9:44pm

Thanks, Melanie. That was a fantastic video, short and informative. Claire is 2 and still RF, and I plan to keep her that way for much much longer.

Remember laws of physics win out over state laws anyday! -- so true!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 11:27pm

Cammy -

I found that video on a car seat board. One of the husband's remarked how he liked it because it talked about the science and facts without any sad stories.

I'm glad to hear that Claire is still safe in her rear-facing car seat at 2. Let me know if you have any questions about having 2 rear-facing car seats in your car. We had that configuration for 2 1/2 years with our twins!

09-Melanie.jpg Isabelle and Marcus picture by MathMelanie