Mason's Foundation & Other Updates

iVillage Member
Mason's Foundation & Other Updates
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 11:36pm

As many of you know we lost our sweet Mason on May 28th to SIDS. DH and I decided that we needed to do something, so we ran with the idea his best friend gave us to start a foundation in his memory. It's now official -- The Mason Werner Foundation is a legal entity and ready to get things started. We will raise money for SIDS research, education and bereavement support. A website, FB page and cute onsie design are all in the works. Donations are being accepted and can be mailed directly to the foundation. Include your email or mailing address if you want/need a tax receipt. We hope that some day no other parent will experience the loss that we have.

The Mason Werner Foundation
1612 NE 83rd Terrace, City is: Kansas City, State is: Mo, zip code is: 64118

Mr Will turns 6 months old tomorrow and is the happiest baby I know. He cried less than 5 min a day....and 5 is a bad day. He's sitting up and just loving life. I know he misses Mason too, but we try to shower him with extra attention.

Mr Caden will turn 2 at the end of the month. Can't believe my baby is going to be 2. He LOVES Will and kisses/hugs him all the time. He must always know where his Will is.

Thank you all for the support over the years and especially since we lost Mason. No parent should ever lose a child.

Photobucket

Michelle, thanks for my beautiful siggie.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 2:11pm

Sam,

What a great idea! By spreading awareness of SIDS and preventing future SIDS deaths, it leaves a great legacy for Mason. I'm so impressed with the true grace that you have shown. I would love to "fan" the fb page, let me know when it is up and running.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 3:50pm
Sam,
Your strength and determination through your infertility struggles and loss to SIDS have been amazing. I can only hope one day I can be as strong and loving as you are. You've helped me in many ways, so hopefully my donation to the foundation can help you and others.
Luv ya!
Beth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 8:08pm

Sam-

I can't think of a better way to mapay

Breastfeeding Mama Blinky Pictures, Images and Photos