A First Friday Five, lol

iVillage Member
A First Friday Five, lol
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:24am
Just trying to use these folders they provided us with! So, instead of listing 5 separate questions here (like some boards do), I thought I'd just ask one questions for which people could, if they want, could provide 5 simple suggestions.

So, for my FIRST FRIDAY FIVE (and inspired by Rubens post for the day):

~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Name five things which give you motivation to start your day?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:28am
1) Diet Coke (sad, but true)

2) The Love From My Children (that jumpstarts me any day)

3) A Bright Sunny Day (not getting that today, will have to make up for it w/ more coke, lol)

4) Something to look forward to (like getting ready for my daughter's party tonight)

5) Ruben's Daily Posts (always)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:26am

Five things, sweetheart Ill be happy if I can think of a way answer the phone befor it stops ringing. OK feet lets move,right,left right, hurry guys!

One thing comes to mind. I need to feel productive. I get that feeling after posting a inspiring, motivating or humorous quote. I have to motivate myself to search for an item to post if I want to get that feelng of accomplishment. You PD rookies with more intact grey matter can come up with five things.. My phone is ringing, got to run, ok shuffle.

ruben

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 10:06am
I agree with Ruben. No way can I come up with 45 things to get me up in the morning. It takes me a couple of hours minimum to get up in morning. I did move a phone into the bedroom right next to bed, but still the answering machine (set on 5 rings) gets the phone more often than I do. LOL

I thought long and hard and can only think of 2 things.

1. my TENS unit

2. My bladder

once I'm up I think about things like coffee, posts, things I need or want to do, but actually getting up is a process of its own. rofl.

hugs, Laura

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 12:00pm
1. alarm clock

2. the twins, they dig and climb on almost everything

3. coffee

that is all I can think of at the moment.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 1:07pm
I guess I really have more than five, but my number one reason is my three grand kids.

I know for all of us with this disease, life seems tough. Number two is ,that I haven't given up yet; and don't plan on it. 3. You never know, that what you have to say today will influence someone elses life for the better. 4. My faith in God. 5. Flowers, sounds silly,but they always come back in the spring despite the odds.

Take care of yourselves.

Hugs,

Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 1:47pm
Ok Lauren, Here are the 5 things that give me the motivation

to start the day...

1..Making sure that Dick is up and running..( He gets up a hour beore Me)

2...Coffee

3... Plate of fresh fruit

4...Snow Blowing in the Winter..Working in my flower gardens in the Sping,

Summer and Fall.

5...ivillage and Rubens Posts. ( Funny and inspirational)

Good Idea Lauren...We get to know each other better...Hugs Jane

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 1:49am
5 things that give me motivation to start my day.......

1. when I first wake up I have to pee sooooo bad, that gets me out of bed. LOL

2. My daughter's smiling eyes

3. My son's sweet gentle soul

4. My Husband's relaxed, caring self

5. My joy at just waking up again! WooHoo! I'm alive!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 12:16pm
Mary (grams2many) nice to see you posting here on our board. I didn't recognize your screen name, so I thought I take a moment to welcome you. And I love what you said about the flowers...so true and not silly at all! I hope to see you posting more at our little PD board here!

Also...I read your profile and I, too, am a HUGE Ann Rule fan. Her Daughter is going to publish a story about my house in her next book about Haunted Homes in America. I was thrilled when she approached me, because I've read nearly every one of her mother's books.

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 12:24pm
Wow, thanks everyone for participating in our first attempt at a "Friday Five". It's been interesting reading people's responses and, as Jane says, a nice way to get to know people a little better.

I hope everyone is having a terrific weekend. I survived my daugher's Birthday Slumber Party we hosted last night. Nothing like having seven 10 year old girls keeping you up all night. It's a mystery to me how all 7 girls could be talking simultaneously and at the highest pitch possible but still understand one another over the noise they were making. It was amazing. I thought my ear drums were going to burst from the noise and I couldn't figure out how they could even hear what the other people were saying or when they would even stop to breath between words? Truly a mystery.

Off to clean (and maybe down another diet coke...I need it after last night)

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 1:45pm
Wow, that's fantastic. Is your house haunted? I'll have to read that one when it comes out

I also am an avid Anne Rice, and other science fiction and mystery writers, I have an actual shopping bag used in the movie, Rose Red. Also lots of hand signed books from various authors. My shoppping bag is my only Steven King treasure.Have you been to the haunted house sites on the internet yet? I live in Missouri, St. Louis has a haunted restaurant, The Lemp House. That's my dream to someday spend the night in a real haunted house. It may scare the pants off me, but I'm willing to risk it. I suppose I had better do it before I hit 50? LOL

I already have the shaking down pat, well on one side. LOL

You take care and I post to the well being 43-59 board too. I was browsing when I found this new board. I am thrilled to be able to share lifes foilables with fellow parkinsonians who fuly undrstand our daily struggles. Take care of yourself, and your family Lauren. Many blessings

Hugs (Grams) Mary

Grams

Pages