Friday Five For 4/25

iVillage Member
Friday Five For 4/25
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 6:53am
Since we had a good discussion this week regarding insomnia, I figured I’d center the Friday Five on the subject of SLEEP. Have fun and play along, if you wish.

1) Do you sleep with a night-light or do you need it completely dark in the room?

2) Do you have any habits while you sleep(snoring, talking in your sleep, sleep walking, other)?

3) Do you listen to anything while you fall asleep (music, TV, fan, someone else snoring, other)?

4) Do you have vivid, exciting dreams or do you mostly forget them once you wake?

5) What are your plans this weekend?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 7:14am
Here are my answers:

1) I do not like any light to interrupt what little sleep my PD will allow me a night. I even have 3 layers of curtains on the windows!

2) I was a sleepwalker as a child, but I haven’t been found roaming around at night since I was about 11. Once, when I was staying with my Aunt Ruthie in her Lake House, she found me standing at her bedside in the wee hours of the night. She asked me what was wrong and I told her “I lost my marbles”. At first, she assumed I meant mentally and then she realized I was referring to the bag of marbles I had been playing with earlier by the water. I was obviously in the middle of one of my infamous sleepwalking episodes, so she guided me back to my room and went back to her own bed. In the morning, she came to wake me and found the bag of marbles on my nightstand. At some point after she put me back to bed, I must have walked in my sleep to the edge of the lake and retrieved my marbles. That was the last night I ever walked in my sleep. Over the past 5 or so years, I've begun a new habit of waking up screaming suddenly (not fun for anyone sleeping soundly near by), but it only happens every once in a while. I've read that it's common for People With Parkinson's to suffer from nightmares, so this may have been another symptom that predated the tremor.

3) I fall asleep to the sound of my husband snoring. Frequently, I try to drown out his nocturnal noise with the television on a timer.

4) We don’t have enough room on this board, let alone the World Wide Web, for me to tell my dreams. They are always vivid, exciting and in full color. No black & white dreams in my world.

5) This weekend we are stealing away to Hampton, Virginia for a Surprise Birthday Party for my mother-in-law. I get to stay in a hotel Saturday night. I love the room-darkening curtains in a hotel room…that helps me sleep so well!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 12:58pm
1. I sleep with the light from the tv. can't have it all dark or I will stumble on the way to the bathroom.

2. Hubby says I snore, and I sometimes talk.

3. I listen to the tv. I prefer sitcom reruns, or the learning or discovery channels. depending on mood.

4. this varied greatly. when I do remember them, they are very exciting and sometimes funny, actually make me laugh. that must be the nights i watch sitcoms!! LOL

5. going to friends hottub in a little while.. perhaps karaoke tonight. mainly just adjusting to the increased meds. I'm sure I will sleep a lot in the day, up all night. UGH!!!

Great subject Lauren Sue!!

sleepy loves, Susie

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 6:26pm
1. Nite lite for way to restroom

2. Talking,occassional hollar and a little snoring.

3. Not really, quiet is helpful for my sleep.

4. UUWWEEE! Vivid hard to forget......

5. Take mom out to lunch Saturday. She's 86, still drives.

ruben

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 8:23am
Pull up a chair and have a cup of coffee with me...

1...Night lites all over the Place.

2...No Bad Habits, Only Good Ones...Lol

3...I listen to the Babbling Creek that runs thru our back woods.

4...I always remember the Good Dreams

5...Nothing special this week-end.Dick and Jane will just hang out.

Have a wonderful week-end...See you all Monday at the CHAT...Love Jane

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 9:29pm
1) We have a nightlight in the bedroom and the hall. I don't need it to sleep, but I do if I wake up to go to the bathroom

2)I move around alot in my sleep... which is why I have to wear a neck collar still.

3) Do you listen to anything while you fall asleep (music, TV, fan, someone else snoring, other)? My husband snoring :( :(

4) Do you have vivid, exciting dreams or do you mostly forget them once you wake? very vivid. But when I wake up in pain, the dealing with that (getting tens unit, pills, relaxing breathing, i forget. But sometimes dreams will stay with me for a long time. I also am into lucid dreaming and other dream activities, but that would take a book to share

5) What are your plans this weekend? Nothing!!!!! relax with my husband :) :)