THE FRIDAY FIVE...for 5/2

iVillage Member
THE FRIDAY FIVE...for 5/2
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 7:04am
Once again, it's time for the FRIDAY FIVE. Play along, if you wish, as we get to know eachother just a little bit better.

Since we had our first official chat this week, this week’s poll has to do with CHATTING:

1) Did you make is to chat this week? If not, will you be able to join us next Monday at 11am?

2) Do you participate in any other online chats on a regular basis?

3) In person, would people consider you a chatterbox or shy?

4) Do you chat with people using Instant message? If so, would you like to share your Instant Message screen name here? (it could help us reach you for chats…I know that feature helped last Monday)

5) What are you plans this weekend?

Have a Wonderful First Weekend In May Everybody!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 7:28am
1) Yes, I made it to chat and I'd love to thank the creators of the movie MONSTERS INC for making it possible for me to be there uninterrupted. My toddler was completely engrossed in front of the TV near mommy and I was able to host chat without any worries!

2) I try to make Eddie's PD chat and the AOL chats, but they are both around dinner time. It's usually too busy/crazy in our house at that time for me to make those chats. That's why I was so happy our chat was scheduled for mornings. I also host a Chat for fellow mommies of March 2001 babies one night a week (after the baby goes to bed).

3) Depends on my mood, lol. I'd say most would think I was a chatterbox, but I can be shy.

4) I use both lsb210@aol.com (for AIM) and lsb210@hotmail.com (for msn) to keep in touch with family and friends. Feel free to add me to your buddy lists.

5) I have not made plans for this weekend...I love having an open slate for once (usually we're so busy). I guess it all depends on whether my older 3 kids will be visiting with their Dad or not. If they stay home, then I will be taking my oldest daughter to a volleyball tournament all day on Saturday.

Have a Great weekend everyone and I hope to see you all in chat on MONDAY at 11am

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 9:05am
1. Yes Yup

2. Not regularly

3. Somewhere between

4. Yes on HOTMAIL lxsgp_c@hotmail.com

5. Assist in painting a bedroom. or watch it being painted

ruben

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:13am
1. Unfortunately, no. Hopefully, yes.

2. No.

3. Shy.

4. I did when I was using AOL especially with my brother in Florida. Now that I don't have AOL I haven't been able to determine if it's possible to do that.

5. Work on the "project car" and maybe even take it for a nice ride on Saturday. Going to go to a surprise "50th" birthday party for a friend Saturday night. Sunday we will be driving to the cities, (Minneapolis/St. Paul) for another friend's son's first communion.

Marty

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 9:34pm
Marty, in your Friday Five you mentioned:

"I don't have AOL I haven't been able to determine if it's possible to do that"

Here's some info for you on free instant message features. Here's one for MSN INSTANT MESSAGE, which is a simple and free down load and provide you with Instant message. Both Ruben and I use Hotmail:

http://registernet.passport.net/reg.srf?id=2&lc=1033&sl=1

and you can also use AOL Instant Message even if you no longer have AOL, because they now provide a Free Instant Message Download:

http://www.aim.com/index.adp?promo=208884&aolperm=h

The AOL instant message, while not internet access the way regular AOL is, can still be used with those using regular AOL. Both AIM and AOL users will show up on your AIM buddy list once you put them there.

Hope That Helps.

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:40pm
Ok heres to another week...

1...Yes I made the Chat and I will be there on Monday

2..Yes I try to make Eddies World Chat and AOL Wed. Chat, but it is very

hard to make that 6pm time..Haven't been able to make it the last 2 weeks.

3..Depends on who I am talking to.

4..Yes I use Instant message almost everyday to talk to my Brother and

a few good friends. Flygem522@aol.com

5..Nothing I HOPE...I need some time to just hang out at home and work

in my Gardens...

Have a good one...Hugs Jane

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-03-2003 - 6:23am
Lauren,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... I read your reply and immediately set up a buddy thing with my brother. I didn't have a clue that this service was available. I just can't thank you enough!! Marty
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-03-2003 - 7:15am
Lauren, Thank you for this info. I have AOL but so many

friends and relatives have other providers. Does this mean

that I can download AIM and put friends without AOL on my Buddy List?

I have put this web-site on my favorites for future use.Hugs Jane

"SMART GIRL.. OUR LAUREN"
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-03-2003 - 9:45am
Jane,

AIM is a free download version of the AOL Buddy List/Instant Message. With AIM, you can only chat with other AOL users (either those w/ AIM or AOL). To put friends WITHOUT AOL on your buddy list, you would need to send them the info for AIM (the link I posted). They could then download AIM on their computer and create a name for themselves for you to add to your buddy list. The nice thing about AIM is that even regular AOL users can be added to your buddy list (just as you do when using your AOL). You can also use it while using AOL. AIM also has a lot more features than with regular AOL IM. By the way, since you already have AOL you can just use your AOL name while using it (no need for a new screen name).

Now after all of that...I personally like MSN instant messager better (hotmail). Mostly because more of my friends use MSN and I also like the features on MSN better, but that's just my opinion. With MSN you can also change the way you appear on people's buddy lists, so even though I'm lsb210 by screen name, I'll pop up on a buddy list as Lauren Sue (or whatever silly thing I want to put...beware).

Hope I've armed you with enough information!

Happy Chatting

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-03-2003 - 9:48am
Marty,

You're very welcome! If you can, let us know what Instant Message feature you chose and your screen name you're using so we can add you to our buddy lists. It can be really helpful at times. Just last Monday, when the boards crashed as chat began, we were able to send links to chat to some of the people we already had on our buddy lists (like Eddie and Sticky).

Enjoy and Happy Chatting.

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-03-2003 - 1:48pm
Lauren,

You are magnificent! I'm still astounded that I can at last "IM" my brother again!

The screen name I'm using is "MartyCee2". It appears there is a "MartyCee" already out there and it wouldn't let me use my old AOL screen name (MLCEagan) which is just as well.

Thanks again!

Marty

Pages