The Friday Five for June 6

iVillage Member
The Friday Five for June 6
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 6:55am
Once again, it's time for the FRIDAY FIVE. Play along, if you wish, as we get to know each other just a little bit better. This week’s Five has to do with Memory:

1) What is one of your earliest memories?

2) What is something you always seem to forget?

3) Are you good at remembering people’s names when you first meet them?

4) What is one of your most unforgettable moments?

5) What are you plans for this weekend?

Have A Safe & Super Weekend

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 7:20am

I can actually remember being in my crib (so I was around 2) and calling for my brother (13) to come get me out of the crib so I could goof around with him in the early morning hours. Don't think my parents or my sister (10) were ignoring me to be cruel, I was just a real EARLY BIRD and I'd be ready to start my day by 6am...even on the weekends. That's really one of the only memories I have of my brother either, which is why I think it's so vivid. He was off to college and then married with children before I was even out of elementary school.

My Keys! Putting them on a long string that I drap over my neck has helped and I now try to always hang them in the same place behind the door. Nevertheless, I'm still in a scramble to find them all the time, LOL.

Not unless I repeat their names a few times in coversation with them. I'm terrible with names!

The births of my children.

My sister's daughter (who is a model/dancer/actress in NYC) is coming home for her 21st birthday party! I was just a little older than my oldest daughter is now when my neice, Heather, was born. Time really flies!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 8:46am
My first memories aren't very nice, they are of hiding from my angry father. under the sink and behind my mother age 2-3. She divorced the drunk.

2.I always forget something on my grocery list which was what I went to the store for in the first place.

3.Can't remembr names, just faces

4.depends upon if you mean good or bad?

5.Was suppose to go to a T-ball game tonight but it's pouring rain. So I guess I will stay home and play with my grandkids and the dog. Rent a movie.

Everyone have a great weekend filed with love .Hugs

Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 11:19am
1. I can remember seeing my well endowed babysitter bathing. I had to be about 2. Can still picture the old porcelin tub. It was a beautie.

2. Keys, names, items to buy at the store. Must note eveything.

3. No at all

4 At age 16 was sitiing in path of errant shot gun blast while planning quale hunt

5 Watchng the wife paint a room. I'm not allowed to paint.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 1:08pm
Here goes......

1...Earliest memories...My grandmother buying me a little red purse.

2...Forget...What I went downstairs to get..DUH

3...Do I remember names..Depends on the person LOL

4...Unforgettable moment..Moving back from one year in Florida, we

reached the Laurel Mts of Pa. on the evening of the second day.

In the sky welcoming us back was the most beautiful Sunset I have

ever seen.

5...Plans for the weekend....Whatever comes our way!

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 6:35am

When I was very young, my mother worked (a single mom at that time with two boys) anyway I remember staying with a family and the dad, a very large man as I recall, would let snuggle next to him in what seemed to me to be a very large chair, as he listened to the radio.

Not to try to win an argument with my wife.

Terrible.....

The service and also getting married.

To continue working on the house and maybe a little play time with the project car.

Marty

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 11:00am
1) What is one of your earliest memories? My brother would be baby sitting me. He would make me laugh by taking a swig of lemon juice. He would make the funniest faces.

2) What is something you always seem to forget? Whenever I go to the store, I ask my husband does he need any thing, he always says...cigs. I always forget them.

3) Are you good at remembering people’s names when you first meet them? Sometimes I am, sometimes I am not.

4) What is one of your most unforgettable moments? The time I walked in on my boss just about to use the bathroom to take a pee. He had a bad habit of not locking the door. I was embarassed beyond belief.

5) What are you plans for this weekend? After my niece got married friday, I plan on cleaning up my house and relaxing finally.

Barbara