THE FRIDAY FIVE...for June 20

iVillage Member
THE FRIDAY FIVE...for June 20
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 9:48am
Friday Five for June 20, 2003:

Once again, it's time for the FRIDAY FIVE. Play along, if you wish, as we get to know each other just a little bit better. Since the official FIRST DAY OF SUMMER is tomorrow, this week’s Five has to do with S-U-M-M-E-R:

1. Do you like summer? Why or why not?

2. What is your favorite summer activity? Why?

3. What is your favorite summer destination? Why?

4. What are your summer plans for 2003?

5. What are your plans for this weekend?

Have A Safe & Super Weekend Everyone!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 10:04am

Summer is not my favorite season, but I love having my kids home during the summer when they are off from school. I really enjoy the extra time I get to have with them. I HATE the heat and humidity, but I love a good summer thunderstorm, as long as the lightening doesn't blow out my computer like it did last summer.

I enjoy going to the pool with the kids. I also enjoy going to the beach, although the beach where we vacation doesn't have lifeguards and that makes me really nervous, so I don't get to relax as much during our beach-week each summer. I used to enjoy our weekend sails before the baby came along. He's too much of a handful on the boat these days, LOL.

My family has a beach house on the outerbanks. We've been going there every year since 1986. It's always a nice escape.

Busy! Both daughters will do a Volleyball camp and I get to taxi them there and back. My youngest daughter is doing a Drama/Music/Arts camp and I get to taxi her there and back, too. We'll be trying to get to the pool at the Marina as often as possible. Hoping to fit in time for several books I want to read. Sailing when weather and time permit. Partying every Monday Morning at 11am with my PD Buddies in Chat...and maybe even fitting in a week at the beach...and much, much more!

A dear friend from highschool is coming to visit. She graduated two year before I did, but we sang in choir together and that's how we met. She relocated me through Classmates.com a few months back and she's coming to visit this weekend. We haven't seen eachother in Twenty years! I look nothing like I did in highschool, but my oldest daughter is the spitting image of myself and that's going to blow her away, I'm sure. My friend is now an opera singer in New York City. It should be an interesting and wonderful weekend. We're planning many actitivities during her visit, including a trip down memory lane as we visit the old stomping grounds back home in Virginia together.

Have a great weekend everyone.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 10:14am
1. Not Too much. Heat makes me uncomfortable.

2. Traveling, enjoy seeing new sights. (To fish at)

3. Beach, love fishng. Usually cooler there.

4. Surgery on rotator cuff and quick recovery. Fishing hopefully.

5. Shop then relax. Rest and prepare for the 4th.

ruben

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 12:08pm
1. I love summer! It stays light out until 10pm- lots of time for outdoor activities like walking to the beach (which we have been doing almost every night for the past two weeks!) playing in the garden, BBQ, or just hanging outside watching the kids goof off.

2. My favorite summer activity of course is going to the beach. Our evening walks are great, but our beach days on weekends- they are fabulous! We have friends come over and we pack up the cooler with food and beverages- spend the whole day down there then light a fire and cook hot dogs as the sun goes down. That, to me, is a perfect day.

3. My favorite place is home. I love my house, my family and of course, my beach. I don't think I could ever love living anywhere else.

4. We don't have any hard plans. Tim's grandma wants us to go there (hot, icky, so. CA desert) and his bro wants us to go back there to the nevada desert, I would LOVE to go to MI to see my aunts and Uncles, but we will probably stay close to home and just take weekend trips to do a bit of "rock hounding". (agates, crystals, garnets, etc...)

5.No plans set in stone. several friends want to get together, but I am thinking we will mostly stay home.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 7:55am
Friday Five:

1..Do I like Summer? Not my favorite season but I make the best of it.

2..My Summer activity is Gardening,Cookouts,and Soaking up the Sun.

3..Trips to our friends summer home in Lake Erie.

4..All of the above

5..Going over to Daughters Place to hear all about their trip to

Corolla in the Otter Banks...Hopefully we will be able to make the

annual trip with them next year...We really missed it this year :(

Have a Wonderful Week-End.....Jane

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 8:29am
11. I love summer, my bones don't ache quite as much once the rainy season is over.

2.siting in the yard swing talking to my grand kids drinking lemonade as we swing.

3.No specific summer estination. Ussuaally the park.

4.get a light tan , enjoy life.

5.I think we might BBQ.

HAave aa great weekend.

Hugs Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 1:39pm
ooops, I am so embarrassed. I didn't see this thread.. I honestly didn't so I created one. Just ignore mine we can have that for next week.. I don't know how to change the date though. Lauren do you know?
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 1:50pm

I like summer because of all the daylight and because there are always so much fun things scheduled. I used to love to tag sale.. can't anymore but still the memories . I love the beauty of everything.

However I hate the high heat and humidity. I love airconditioners - LOL

My husband and his musician friends hold rotating jamms. The spouses/s.o.'s get to listen to great music, gossip and talk, and tons of great food and friendship

I never could go to the beach during the day - too fair skinned and the mixture of water, sand and sun would always bring on migraines. But i love going at night.

My favorite place is on the second weekend of August our town has its annual town fair. On Sunday, there is an awesome auction where people donate stuff. You can get great deals there and it is fun :D

I have the last of my spinal blocks July 9. I'm not looking beyond that, other than the things I've listed above

Still on extra pain meds. Latest shot helped bring my balance back to its normal unbalanced state (lol) but the pain is still worse than before. My meds have been doubled, so I sleep alot. So it will be a lazy weekend with hubby. :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 8:55am
Hi Laura,

Good to see you posting again! I hope you're getting some relief from your pain and that the kitties are continuing to heal. As for the post, apparently iVillage doesn't give us an option to totally delete a post or to change the title of a thread once it's posted. You could just copy and paste it next friday into a thread w/ a new title.

continued "get well thoughts" your way.

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 8:58am
Jane,

Our family's beach house is also in Corolla on the Outer Banks. It's a great place to vacation, but it's really changed over the years hasn't it?!? Maybe some time our vacations down there will fall on the same week of summer/spring and we'll have a chance to meet in person.

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 10:37am
Lauren..We usually go to Corolla as soon as the grandchildren are finished

with school..The family have just got back home yesterday..We made the

decision not to go this year, but hopefully we will be there next year.

Yes Corolla has changed...The Wild Horses no longer roam and are penned

up..Very sad but the people would not obey the signs and leave them alone.

I will never forget my personal experience with these beautiful but Wild

Horses... I was sitting down on the beach..dosing off..When I heard

a pounding noise heading my way..I looked over and 7 horses were headed

right for Jane...I wish you could have seen me scrambling out of my chair

and running as fast as my legs would go..LMBO..My chair went flying as

they flew by, but Jane was up in the Sand Dunes safe and sound..We have

wonderful memories of this special place in the Otter Banks.. Grand-babies

in Cribs, Making sand castles, Bon-fires on the Beach ( No longer allowed )

but most of all...Our family all together for one wonderful week.

Maybe we will meet one of these days down in the Otter Banks. Hugs Jane