Friday June 19, 2003

iVillage Member
Friday June 19, 2003
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 1:31pm
The weekend of midsummer night's eve!

1. Do you have any special things you do on midsummer nights eve - evening or daytime?

I didn't this year cos still recovering from second epidermal, but I normally go outside and sit in a special place. I bring something for one of each of the 4 elements - normally a candle, a cup of water, a special stone, and since I can't stand incence (allerigies), a little potpouri or some of my favorite perfume that I spray in the area. I light the candle, and take a sip of the water. Then I just look at all the trees and flowers and sky and just open myself up to feeling good and receiving what the universe wants me to receive. I find trees send a lot of love if you look at them and open up to it. When I feel like going, I take another sip of water, and then sprinkle it on the ground as an "offering". Sometimes I also leave the stone as another thanks.

If the weather is bad, I still do a modified version from within an open doorway.

2. Shakespeare wrote the play "midsummer night's eve" What is your favorite play by Shakespeare?

I'm torn here between MacBeth and Hamlet. Both have so many layers to peel and learn. I guess I'd say Hamlet, because I played Ophelia in college and it was a wonderful time.

3. How was the weather in your area this spring?

Rain rain rain

4. What was the most memorable thing that happened to you this spring?

Well, the spinal block that messed my back more than it was. The second one of 3 also just made spring. It helped restore my balance but so far not the pain :(

The other thing was my Raja and her operation which she survived very well (wish I could recover that fast LOL)

5. What are your plans for summer?

last spinal block is July 9. If that works.. then I look forward to a fun summer. My husband's friends are muscians and they often have jamms - the women listen to the music and talk and have a great time. Plenty of food too! We rotate houses which also makes things fun.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 1:53pm
sorry everyone, I really didn't see Lauren Sue's post. Just ignore these and we can copy and paste into a new thread for next week... calling it the week after midsummer eve. Rofl.
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 3:30pm
Laura...Thank you for the next week preview...I can study them and

come up with some better remarks...DUH...I will print this and do

my homework.. Was happy to see you posting...Love Jane

P.S. Shakespear HUMMMMMMMM Me thinks that is a difficult subject.
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 11:48pm
thanks Jane for taking some of the egg off my face! eggs... Hmmm, didn't shakespeare write about green eggs? Oh wait! That was Dr. Seuss... Shakespeare wrote about washing your hands

lots of hugs, Laura

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 10:55pm
1. Just chill out, Looking forward to attending some free summer concerts at nearby park and lake. Try to keep from meltdown from summer heat. Prepare for some high electric bills due to Air Conditioning.

2, Just saw Romeo and Juliet. Was Nice

3. Moderate nice, some rain, not much.. Overall quite good.

4. Shoulder surgery didnt take. Got to repeat surgery on rotator cuff.

5. Few days at beach, recover from shoulder surgery. Fish in surf. Fly to the moon.

ruben

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 7:52am
Dear Laura...Just wanted to let you know how my Shakespeare

research is going...Love Jane

" This above all; to thine own self be true,

And it must follow, as the night the day,

Thou canst not then be false to any man." William Shakespeare